cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Display problem(gray bar)

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Quest 2 with official link cable is not working properly. After a few minutes on Dirt Rally 2.0 the bottom third of the screen becomes divided from the top two thirds and is almost a grayish color. You can see through it and see the game behind it but it's definitely lighter looking. If I exit the game to virtual desktop the issue stays until I reset the headset or remove and replug the link cable. I have installed a new 3080 graphics card and didn't know of this could cause it? Also, I started using a USB C to USB 3 adapter and I don't if the signal passing through that causes it. The cable will pass the Oculus signal test with the adapter. The problem doesn't happen right away some times it takes a few minutes. Any thoughts?

I am using the adapter because the only port that will keep the Quest 2 charged while playing is the 3.0 ports attached directly to the motherboard. If I plug the USB C into my Startech USB C  card I purchased it won't charge while playing. 

28 REPLIES 28

KevinStartup
Explorer

Windows ofc does it even work with anything else? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ofc? 10 ó 11

KevinStartup
Explorer

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just started using my quest 2 again for the first time in months yesterday after upgrading my gpu and I was getting this on Lone Echo 2. I went into my NVIDIA settings today and changed the VR upsampling to adaptive and I never had the issue at all today. Idk if that had anything to do with the fix, or IF its fixed but I'm just saying, I didn't happen since. 

Well I just tried it and played the game for an hour - NO grey bar so far at all!  Very well done sir, I think you may have fixed it ... can anyone else confirm?

KevinStartup
Explorer

It appears if you go to Nvidia Control Panel and change Virtual Reality - Variable Rate Supersampling to Adaptive, it might fix the issue - can anyone confirm? 

Just changed the Variable rate supersampling as everyone else is mentioning but I don't have time quite yet to test it, I will edit this post or make a new one with the results next time I try VR

KevinStartup
Explorer

Unfortunately the problem appears to have not been resolved by the supersampling being set to auto in the end, I have the grey bar regularly appearing still.  It is clearly a link problem, if you quit the game and go back to the Oculus Link grey screen with the grid and the menu, the grey bar is still there even after the app is closed.

KevinStartup
Explorer

I've reported this issue on ticket #4169396

JakobHandsome
Honored Guest

i just exit pc link and then re connect. works for me.