cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Elite Strap Broken

FluffyTail7
Honored Guest

I've had my Quest 2 and the Elite Strap for just under 2 months. I got the Elite Strap specifically from Currys/PC World online in the Quest 2 Elite Strap bundle and the Elite Strap had a crack on it within the first month, I thought it was nothing due to the size of the crack until just today it ended up breaking. I didn't overtighten it for my head whatsoever and I was wondering if it was possible to get a replacement Elite Strap.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, very sorry to hear this happened! We'd be more than happy to help you get set up with a replacement Elite Strap. Please click here to submit a ticket. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Synyster2D
Honored Guest

I also had this problem with mine, I contacted the customer service and they clearly said that the Elite strap has a 2 years warranty so

You will need to :

Submit a request: https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new 

"Please choose a request type below" : Oculus Products and Components

"I need help with" : Headset : Other Headset Issue

Product : Quest 2 : Elite Strap (with or without battery, depends which one you have)

"Part/Headset Serial Number" You will find the serial numbers on the part of the headset and also the part of the elite strap where you clip them together

Fill in the other informations, you can add a picture of the broken elite strap for proof, and they will normally send you a mail which will show you the return procedure for an exchange 🙂

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, very sorry to hear this happened! We'd be more than happy to help you get set up with a replacement Elite Strap. Please click here to submit a ticket. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

PhazonXIII
Honored Guest

I've had mine for just over two months and it broke. 

Working on a refund.

WakTT
Honored Guest

Mine broke after 6 months use and Oculus replaced it, my replacement broke within a week.
Oculus support are replacing it again but I had to review before I sent it back as am not happy.
Am mature and careful so quite disappointed as to why this happened both times it was fine when removed, literally cracked after picking it up and thinking how has that happened between fine removing it and not fine, when using it again. 

In review, I bought some fine steel mesh, cut a 1/2"x3" strip and used a hot Iron to push it into the plastic and embed it for reinforcement , like rebar in Concrete.    I got a fixed and strong strap , although it looked like a repair to Chuckys face it worked.

However in another three days....... it cracked beyond where I had strengthened the plastic. :o(  

I can only say that embeded metal in the plastic would make it stronger but it needs to be on all of it or it could crack inside the adjuster housing.

js1965
Explorer

My Elite strap with battery has broken after less than 6 months. They've agreed to replace it with the new one. I've sent my broken back to Oculus in Hong Kong and received a new one but without the battery. After that, it is impossible to get any support, two online chats, one email attempt, nothing. Unacceptable customer service. I am in Australia and there is no local support for Oculus, everything is online. I will be raising this to FCT (USA Federal Trade Commission ) and ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission).