cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Headset Tracking Error When Turning Head

LisDexik
Honored Guest

How is this still happening? EVERY time I turn my head around, the Q2 loses tracking for a few seconds. The controllers track just fine, but the headset just gets the error popup along with a black screen and the white "laser pointers" coming off the controllers. And let me just clarify that I've done all the "fixes" to try and remedy this. My lighting is perfectly fine, there are no reflective surfaces, tracking frequency is different from the flicker rate of the lights, Guardian size and type are not the issue, Developer mode on AND off, numerous reboots, 120Hz mode on/off, etc.  These fixes do not last, and I'm getting irritated. This has been a problem for the last 4-5 updates. I took a break from VR for about a month or two, thinking this would be fixed by then. Clearly, it's not affecting enough people for Oculus/FB to care, and if this continues, I might take a permanent break.

2 REPLIES 2

Ozzbik
Protege

If you've tried everything, why haven't you returned it to the retailer? The headset can be faulty, and a replacement could fix your problem.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, we do not like to hear that you are continuing to experience tracking issues. We understand you have rebooted several times and the problem still persists. Have you tried performing a factory reset? If not, please follow the steps below:

1. Turn off your Oculus Quest.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight ‘yes’ and press the power button.

Note: This will remove all data from the headset and allow you to set the device up from scratch. While most developers choose to have game data stored online. If you are concerned about losing game progress, I recommend reaching out to the developer to see where the game data is stored.

You can also complete a factory reset via the companion phone application by following the steps in our public support page article here.

If you require further assistance with any of these steps, you can receive live chat support by clicking here and choosing the chat button on the bottom right corner.

We're here to help! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!