cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 IPD and FOV

InThAfAcE
Explorer
Hello there. I have pre-ordered the Q2 and been reading alot about it lately. I'm a little worried about the IPD setting and the decreased FOV with the widest IPD setting that people are talking about. I'm actually thinking about cancelling my order. What do you guys think? Will the smaller FOV in the widest IPD setting ruin the immersion? Is it something that worries you guys?  
21 REPLIES 21

enigma01
Trustee
My IPD is 70... I’m not worried at all. If it doesn’t suit me after trying it I’ll return it for a refund. I ordered mine from Amazon.

InThAfAcE
Explorer

enigma01 said:

My IPD is 70... I’m not worried at all. If it doesn’t suit me after trying it I’ll return it for a refund. I ordered mine from Amazon.

Yeah, I think ill do the same

Valdersith
Honored Guest
i am more worried as my IPD is 72.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
It did ruin it for me with the Rift S and that got returned. This will, too if it's that bad. I don't mind restricted FoV (if it's not too bad) but it depends on how it looks. Straight vertical outer edges are a no-no.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Mokuaquerell
Explorer

It did ruin it for me with the Rift S and that got returned. This will, too if it's that bad. I don't mind restricted FoV (if it's not too bad) but it depends on how it looks. Straight vertical outer edges are a no-no.

What's your IPD?

dnaulin
Explorer
Returning mine. I just got it and have an IPD of 68-70. The monolithic black bars on the left and right sides are so noticeable it completely ruins the immersion for me. Significant downgrade from the original Quest IMO. Totally disappointing and actually makes me want to leave the Oculus/facebook ecosystem completely and look for a better alternative. It's not worth investing in the Oculus Store if they're going to release garbage products like the Quest 2.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
edited - I don't really care - the anti-Oculus mob are out in force today, must be school holidays.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

MarkT25810
Expert Protege

edited - I don't really care - the anti-Oculus mob are out in force today, must be school holidays.

or maybe it is just people who are dissapointed specially when this was not stated by oculus with the black bars on setting 3 that ruins any immersion

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Why not test the Quest 2? It's easy to get to FOV values - just download TestHMD here:

https://testhmd.com/ ;

No need for all this guessing! 😉 Here are some reference values:

wutu3vdmh8rq.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"