cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 IPD and FOV

InThAfAcE
Explorer
Hello there. I have pre-ordered the Q2 and been reading alot about it lately. I'm a little worried about the IPD setting and the decreased FOV with the widest IPD setting that people are talking about. I'm actually thinking about cancelling my order. What do you guys think? Will the smaller FOV in the widest IPD setting ruin the immersion? Is it something that worries you guys?  
21 REPLIES 21

bigmike20vt
Visionary

It's not worth investing in the Oculus Store if they're going to release garbage products like the Quest 2.

It does seem the quest struggles for those with high IPD but let's not go overboard.... Forms great many people who don't need setting 3 this is a non issue.   It's a shame. My ipd is 69 and after loving my mates quest 1 I want to supplement my pc headset with a quest2 but it may not be for me either 
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

inovator
Consultant

inovator said:

inovator said:

To me the quest 2 fov seems better than my rift s. I'm on setting 2. 

it will do if you are of the IPD where you use setting 2..its everyone else who do not fall on each setting that has issues

Ageed. As a lover of vr I feel very fortunate and wish oculus had  a better solution.

ive given in and ordered one but have a feeling ti will be going back the same day. mine is 66.5 and pretty sure setting 2 will not be good but if in setting 3 i see those bars at the side and it looks more closed in that rift S it will be going back within 2 hrs lol

the rift s solution was perfect though with software adjustment and i had zero issues

Your not far from setting 2. It may work. I would be interested to know how it works for you. Good luck. As owner of a rift s and quest I can say the quest 2 is amazing. Watching movies in vr will work for me for the 1st time in addition to gaming. Screen door is there but is hard to see.