cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Link cable audio cutting out/popping

Kurtino
Level 3

When I connect my Quest 2 to my PC I am getting audio cutting out/popping constantly. This seems to increase if I increase my refresh rate to 120hz and or up the resolution. I do not get this issue while Airlinking, or while using the Quest normally, only when the cable is plugged into the Quest to my PC directly.

3 REPLIES 3

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

Could be a link cable and/or adapter connector problem.  These sometimes get a bit loose over time.  Esp. if you are putting any strain on them.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Hi Tom. The cable is brand new and I've only had my Quest for a week, so it shouldn't be any strain. I think it may be software related as playing Battle Sister produced the affect far more than Path of the Warrior did, but I'm unsure.

I googled the issue and people suggested that having the volume at 100% is what causes it and reducing the volume mitigates it somewhat, but I don't find this to be a solution.

Might be software related, who knows?  What cable are you using? 

There is a new v31 update just released this week that may fix this.  It's the usual rollout so you may not get it for a week or so.  Just check your Quest settings about menu to check if it's available.  Otherwise, maybe contact Oculus support and see if they have any suggestions.  You may want to check your win10 sound control panel and make sure your Oculus virtual audio device does not have any enhancements selected.  Just tick the top box to remove any enhancements since these can sometimes cause problems.  Good luck mate.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro