cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Pre Ordered-I'm A NOOBE-

GibberDog
Level 4
Will I need a continuous internet connection to play downloaded games?
In other words, I know to set up, and download games I will but I'd like to take the Quest 2
to a Cabin in the woods, without Internet, and play downloaded games, not multiplayer obviously, but me against my self
or AI Competitor.

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can play without an internet connection. Your high scores on beat saber won’t post to the leaderboards and you can’t play multiplayer but that’s about it. I went camping and played through and beat Robo Recall in a camper trailer on my quest 1. 

GibberDog
Level 4

You can play without an internet connection. Your high scores on beat saber won’t post to the leaderboards and you can’t play multiplayer but that’s about it. I went camping and played through and beat Robo Recall in a camper trailer on my quest 1. 

Thank you Blamkrotch, I really appreciate you quick response.

MidnightSmoker
Level 3
Nice. I just pre-ordered too. All I have used before was a Daydream with a pixel 2. I hope this is better.

edmg
Level 10

Nice. I just pre-ordered too. All I have used before was a Daydream with a pixel 2. I hope this is better.

LOL. Only about a thousand times better...

Cavanna00
Level 4

It is going to be soo much better! It is said that the Quest 2 with its advances in graphics etc. is one of the best things that has ever happend to VR. And on top of that it's more or less affordable. I'm really excited to see how this is going to change the gameplay and the fan culture of VR. I bet a lot of people are now buying their first consoles and that the amount of users is going to expand a lot.

jay.ogle.9250
Level 4
You can't play every game without an internet connection. In the store, in each games info requirements it says if internet is required. I have found a few that will not even start if an update is available until the update is installed.

MidnightSmoker
Level 3

edmg said:

LOL. Only about a thousand times better...

The Daydream was ok. My biggest issue was the screen door effect and the visible pixels. I'm not expecting the Quest 2 to compare to a PCVR but I'm glad to hear it will be leaps and bounds better than the Daydream. Reviewer's have said the screen door effect is minimal and the new Quest has double the pixels as the first version...never used the first version but I saw a "through the lens" comparison and it was pretty obvious the Quest 2 looks better. Man, I can't wait

MidnightSmoker
Level 3

Cavanna00 said:

It is going to be soo much better! It is said that the Quest 2 with its advances in graphics etc. is one of the best things that has ever happend to VR. And on top of that it's more or less affordable. I'm really excited to see how this is going to change the gameplay and the fan culture of VR. I bet a lot of people are now buying their first consoles and that the amount of users is going to expand a lot.

I have only seen the reviews on youtube. It was enough to make me pull the trigger before even trying out the system first. I like that a lot of companies made aftermarket parts for the quest one, controller grips, headbands etc. I just hope the display is bright and clearer than the Daydream

GibberDog
Level 4

You can't play every game without an internet connection. In the store, in each games info requirements it says if internet is required. I have found a few that will not even start if an update is available until the update is installed.

OK Thanks for that info, Ill look closer in the store for the particular games.