cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
These features and enhancements will become available starting on 11/13/2020

Oculus Move

• From slashing boxes in Beat Saber to mowing down zombies in Arizona Sunshine, you can now keep track of the estimated calories you burn and how long you’ve been physically active across any app or game in VR with our new platform feature, Oculus Move
  • Oculus Move allows you to set daily goals and track progress based on estimated calories burned and time spent being physically active in VR.
  • Please note, Oculus Move is rolling out gradually starting next week, so some users may not see this feature right away.

Quest 2 Frame Rate

• With this release, Quest 2 headsets can now run natively at 90 Hz by default. This higher frame rate has been shown to provide a smoother visual experience and improve your time spent in VR overall.
    • To start, system level software will run at 90 Hz. Additional app adoption is based on developer discretion. Developers will have full-access to this feature as part of the upcoming SDK release.

Voice Commands

• You can now access your Voice Activity in your headset. This means that you’ll be able to view, hear and delete your voice interactions while you’re still in-VR. To manage your voice activity:
    • Put on your Quest or Quest 2 headset, then select Settings > Voice Commands > Activity Log
  • You’ll still be able to access your Voice Activity from your mobile app or from the Oculus website as well.

Voice Dictation

• Automatic punctuation: No more saying ‘comma’ or ‘period’ when you want to add punctuation to your dictation. In this release we’ve added automatic punctuation and capitalization to Voice Dictation, making it easier and more efficient to type with your voice.
    • As you speak, dictation will automatically fill in periods, commas, question marks and capitalization. Afterwards, you can give us a thumbs up or thumbs down to provide feedback on your experience.
      • Note: This experience will gradually roll out to English speaking users in the US & Canada.
  • Dictation from the Search bar: Voice Dictation will now be conveniently integrated within the Oculus search bar. Instead of triggering dictation from the keyboard, you can now quickly find it in the Search bar where your query will auto-submit so you can get your search result within seconds.
    • Note: This experience will gradually roll out to English speaking users in the US & Canada.

Voice Commands, Voice Dictation & Predictive Text availability

• All three features will now be available to English speaking users in Canada.
    • Please note these features will be rolled out to English speaking users in Canada gradually over time.

Accessibility

• To help improve the readability of text in-VR, you now have the option to adjust the font size for text that appears in your headset. To do this, select Settings > Device > Text Size.

Mobile App

• We’ve updated the Oculus mobile app to allow you to seamlessly launch app content the next time you put on your headset. This means that the next time you see a challenge you want to join or an event you want to attend in the mobile app, you can save it and have it show up in your headset.
    • Please note this feature is currently an experiment and may not be available to all users at this time.

System

• We’ve made software enhancements to both Quest and Quest 2 to reduce latency and improve your in-VR experience.

In-VR Experience

• To help keep you comfortable from anywhere in VR, you can now grab and move both the keyboard and menu bar to a more optimal position for your situation.
  • With this release we’ve introduced the ability to complete additional tasks from within an app without having to return to your Home. This means that sending friend requests, sharing media, making in-app purchases and more can be completed without leaving your current app or experience.
    • Please note, this feature is dependent on developers implementing Focus Awareness and updating their SDK to v23.
  • We've also rolled out the new universal menu bar to all first-generation Quest headsets.

Education

• We know it can be overwhelming for new users to enter VR for the first time, so we’ve created some new features to help. These include:
    • Getting to Know your Quest: A series of mini tutorial experiences to introduce you to the basics of VR.
    • Progress bar: See which tutorials you’ve completed and what you can do next.
    • Achievements: Just like your favorite apps and games, get achievements for completing tutorials and leveling up the time you spend in-VR.
      • Please note that these features are part of an experiment and may not be available to all users at this time.

Browser

• You can now seamlessly upload and download files to and from your headset via Browser. Upload a video to YouTube, download photos from Dropbox, or share files via Google Docs, all without ever having to leave VR.

Bug Reporting

• We’ve introduced the ability for you to let us know when something isn’t working by reporting a bug. Bug reporting helps us recognize issues and make adjustments to improve your overall in-VR experience.
    • To report a bug, select Settings > About > Report a Bug or visit Quick Actions and select the Bug Reporter Icon.
    • Please note, the Bug Reporter is rolling out gradually, so some users may not see this feature right away.
    • Also please note, Oculus Support does not respond to bug submissions. If you need assistance, please contact our support team directly.

Quest apps on Quest 2

• If you had a Quest headset and upgrade to a Quest 2, you’ll now have the option to automatically download your previously downloaded apps from your Quest when you finish setting up your Quest 2.
    • Note: You can always re-download apps associated with your account on a new device, this specific update streamlines the process by surfacing the option to download multiple apps at the end of your Quest 2 setup.

Quest Display

• We’ve improved the Pixel density for Quest, leading to improved image resolution.
    • This enhancement is for the first-generation Oculus Quest only.

Casting

• Sharing what’s happening in your headset just got even easier with web casting. With this update, we’ve enabled casting to oculus.com/casting on a desktop web browser such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge
  • When casting to the Oculus App on iOS and Android, you can now record what’s being cast directly on the phone where it will save to the device’s camera roll.

Fixes
  • We’ve made improvements to Guardian to reduce unintended drift or positional movement.
  • We’ve fixed a bug that caused some larger apps to fail to download.
  • We’ve fixed a bug that caused some headsets to go into sleep mode while actively watching video in media apps.
229 Comments
Wardogc81
Protege

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/jtrrsc/want_the_new_quest_2_90hz_update_now_skip_the/ i have side loaded the new update and wow i love it i mainly play using link and loving the 90hz mode with the huge bump in resolution its made a massive difference thank you oculus you have nailed this headset, and to think i was going to get a G2 so glad i didnt

What video card you have?, Seems like a 1080ti is not enough to push more than 150mbps on the bitrate, I can push the resolution to the top but so many artifacts so I tried to push the bitrate but if I pass the 170 mbps it start stuttering immediately, I see the performance with the oculus link option and is obviously the encoding decoding stuff it's a pain in the ass that now besides de resolution I need to worry about the encoding capabilities, what we need now? A 2080ti to run the quest 2 at full resolution and full bitrate? It's ridiculous
lensmandave
Superstar

Jorgec81 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/jtrrsc/want_the_new_quest_2_90hz_update_now_skip_the/ i have side loaded the new update and wow i love it i mainly play using link and loving the 90hz mode with the huge bump in resolution its made a massive difference thank you oculus you have nailed this headset, and to think i was going to get a G2 so glad i didnt

What video card you have?, Seems like a 1080ti is not enough to push more than 150mbps on the bitrate, I can push the resolution to the top but so many artifacts so I tried to push the bitrate but if I pass the 170 mbps it start stuttering immediately, I see the performance with the oculus link option and is obviously the encoding decoding stuff it's a pain in the ass that now besides de resolution I need to worry about the encoding capabilities, what we need now? A 2080ti to run the quest 2 at full resolution and full bitrate? It's ridiculous

Welcome to high resolution VR 🙂
I'll be getting a 3080 once they are available.
Wardogc81
Protege
I will need a Reverb G2 or similar that doesn't charge so much overhead for encoding for simracing and pcvr gaming and sell this or use it for casual gaming or wireless pcvr sadly in my case this link option take too much resources that I already need for simracing to run properly
nalex66
MVP
MVP
Spent a couple hours playing around with 90 Hz Link last night... it really looks and works great, but now I need to get my hands on an RTX 3080 to really push the resolution. 
cibernaio
Protege
I am unhappy that they have not entered the parameters for the brightness, that would have improved the quality of the black and the battery
Lunar_Tick
Protege

Tomoflong said:

i pushed the update on the PC app. I've not noticed any major differences yet but i'm sure they will come in time. I have noticed, however, that when running Half Life Alyx through Steam VR it really struggles, which it didn't do before i updated. It's very, very laggy. It's actually unplayable. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Yes. HL Alyx with Steam VR uses a ton of CPU now for the Oculus Server. I can run it fine with my i5-6600k and RX5700 and Virtual Desktop. Oculus Link is unplayable because my CPU bottlenecks it. I'll probably get a 7700k just to get another couple years out of my current PC, but I would think Oculus could develop the Link to be more efficient than a SINGLE dude cobbling the VD stuff together.

My headset is still on V21 though so we'll see if V23 on both PC and HMD helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just updated the quest 2 via VPN to v23. living in europe seems slow to facebook. just show them you live in the states ?
Icecream.inc
Explorer
still v21 on both quest 2 and pc software
KaBox
Explorer

KaBox said:

available starting on 11/13/2020
now it's 11/14/2020 , we are still V21 . What's wrong ?

Your lucky on V21 ... Still V20 here 🙂
I have a Lazy Headset .. Cant be bovvered 

That's weird, I got updated v23 last night . Feel faster v21. But still can not connect 5G wifi on my AP903.

Jayson_Nederlan
Honored Guest
I am in Nederland still stuck at version 21, Oculus 2
Icecream.inc
Explorer
wtb manual update button (for pc software)
hoogmoed
Explorer
holland is still on version 21  😕
nalex66
MVP
MVP
The update rollout isn't by geographic region, it's random.
MarkT25810
Expert Protege

Jorgec81 said:

Welcome to high resolution VR 🙂
I'll be getting a 3080 once they are available.

hey do you know if using the link cablle with new update makes PCVR via the link looked on par with the rift s and not blurry when compared anymore
MarkT25810
Expert Protege

I really don't congratulate Oculus for this update. Although the new features are great, this was a hell of a transition.

I had to restart my headset three times for it to work. The first time, I had no controller ; the second time, I had no WiFi ; the third time, everything finally worked, lol.

90 Hz is glitchy, it's just not smooth. I'd like the option to keep 72 Hz, because frankly, it was more comfortable. It's stupid not to have options and they know that.

I can't move the keyboard in any app. Anyone managed to do that? I see the bar under the general menu, but the keyboard doesn't have any.

Virtual Desktop PCVR streaming became glitchy. It stutters in Beat Saber. Now I don't blame Oculus on that one, it's a 3rd party unofficial feature and I know very well that updates break stuff, but it still annoys me. Now Oculus didn't update on my PC yet, maybe that's the issue.

FInally, I was hoping to test Oculus Move today, but I don't have it yet. I understand why the update is "rolling out", but why doesn't that specific feature have the same rythm as the update?

But hey, it was a necessary update. But I was expecting a more stable transition...

if you have new update do PCVR games via the link cable now look clear and as they should do? because compared to rift s the link cable produced worst picture and compression....is this all gone now
GoneVR
Protege
after update, the Q2 is far better than rift s in overall quality (visuals, sound, "fluidity"). Only comfort are way worse :pensive:
LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer
Far better than Rift S after update and gotta tell you, I gave the soft strap a second look and ain't going back the the Elite Strap. The original strap does get softer And the top strap holds it very well. Feels comfortable enough for a entire film.
TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Far better than Rift S after update and gotta tell you, I gave the soft strap a second look and ain't going back the the Elite Strap. The original strap does get softer And the top strap holds it very well. Feels comfortable enough for a entire film.

Does anyone know if the latest v23 update has fixed the Q2 going into sleep mode every 2 minutes (unless you move your head around a lot)?  This was happening with Prime Video and meditation apps like Tripp.  Thanks.
Lunar_Tick
Protege

TomCgcmfc said:

Does anyone know if the latest v23 update has fixed the Q2 going into sleep mode every 2 minutes (unless you move your head around a lot)?  This was happening with Prime Video and meditation apps like Tripp.  Thanks.

Try reading the patch notes.
Lunar_Tick
Protege
I got tired of waiting and did the force update with ADB. Pretty annoying rollout they have. Really impractical.
TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

TomCgcmfc said:

Try reading the patch notes.

Thanks I already read that in the v23 patch notes.  I was just wondering if anyone with a Q2 can confirm this has actually fixed the problem.  This was one of the reasons I sent my Q2 back to the Oculus store for a refund.  I'm back to my Q1 which after the v23 update seems to be working better than ever.  I still miss the Q2 clarity for watching media though.
  • We’ve fixed a bug that caused some headsets to go into sleep mode while actively watching video in media apps.
WurmyMcBiggs
Honored Guest
Awesome! Perhaps I will receive it by Feb 25th 2034.
KOBRI.SECTOR.BG
Protege
Is the tracking lost / black screen / screen freeze issue when waking up finally fixed?
BattleAxeVR
Expert Protege

TomCgcmfc said:

This sucks that they didn't make the quest one have the option to make it 90hz. Alot of ppl paid a lot for it and  even if you sell it now. You are losing money because resell is low. Make quest one 90hz damnnn it! 

This has been discussed quite a few times over the last year or so.

Carmack mentioned in his keynote at OC6 Sept1919 that the FCC certification Oculus filed limits the refresh rate to 72 Hz. He said the panel can go higher, but because that would void their FCC certification, they can’t allow it. He also mentioned that had they didn’t want to allow a higher refresh rate when filing because most developers would have too hard a time optimizing or even being able to deliver experiences that could hit a higher frame rate.  I think a lot of this is also due to the weaker Q1 mobile chip.  So, I kinda doubt that we are ever going to see 90hz on the Q1.

Obviously, the more powerful Q2 chip, together with fast lcd panels has raised the bar and Carmack said this year that the Q2 panels were actually capable of 120hz but he did not see this being practical.  This is because higher refresh rates takes more processing power.  With Link now coming out of beta and offering 72/80/90hz options for the Q2, it will be interesting to see what people think.  On a properly controlled Blind Test I doubt that many could tell the difference imho.

If you can tell the difference between 90 and 120 Hz / FPS on a 2D monitor (you'd have to be blind not to), then you can definitely benefit from 120 Hz in VR. Just people people aren't consciously aware doesn't mean it isn't helping them. Especially with regards to flickering due to low persistence. The difference between 90 and 120 Hz is large. Put it this way, 60 Hz AC, invented by Nicola Tesla, was determined to be the minimum frequency at which street lights stop flickering. But if you know anything about how lights work, a 60 Hz AC signal drops below negative voltage for half its period, so they use rectifiers. This makes a 60 Hz AC signal 120 Hz. So you need 120 Hz minimum to have acceptable flickering. Even if you're not consciously aware of the flickering of the backlight, it's there, and it causes ergonomic issues after long periods of watching it. Even on a 2D monitor, anything less than a 240 Hz PWM frequency used to dim the LED backlight is considered non-ergonomic. And while most people don't use VR anywhere near as long as they sit in front of their monitors (all day, basically), in VR the headset encompasses much more of your field of view, especially in the periphery where flicker is more objectionable and noticeable. If you turn your eyes to the side in your headset you will notice flickering, just like you do when you watch low PWM flickering on a 2D monitor. 

There's a reason why ULMB is only activated by monitor makers at a minimum of 120 Hz refresh rate: because anything below that (including 90 Hz) induces eye strain and headaches in lots of people. This has been studied, a lot. In fact the point at which flickering stops being noticeable entirely in your peripheral vision is around 500 Hz. This is why 480 Hz or ahigher PWM backlight dimming frequency in monitors is considered ergonomic. All this stuff has been studied.

There is no reason Oculus can't refile the Quest 1 and 2 to get re-certified for 90 Hz or 120 Hz, they just choose not to. On PC, there is no performance reason to not enable 120 Hz, many graphics cards can manage that even at native resolution in many games. So I suspect the real reason we will never see official 120 Hz on the Quest 2 has nothing to do with the FCC but everything to do with promoting standalone apps instead of Windows-based VR games. Hence they will stay with what the XR2's GPU can manage more easily, 90 Hz. But, that said, most these standalone games focus on gameplay with graphics a (far distant) secondary concern, so I believe many could manage 120 FPS / Hz.

To get 120 Hz on the Quest 2, or 90 Hz on the Quest 1, that will likely only happen if hackers do it.
fundale-mc
Honored Guest
I'm still stuck on v20 on quest 1 😞
niklas.fritzell
Protege
Yup me too. Waiting for an update has never been this hard.
orlrez
Honored Guest
Same here running v20 with quest 1
TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

TomCgcmfc said:

This sucks that they didn't make the quest one have the option to make it 90hz. Alot of ppl paid a lot for it and  even if you sell it now. You are losing money because resell is low. Make quest one 90hz damnnn it! 

This has been discussed quite a few times over the last year or so.

Carmack mentioned in his keynote at OC6 Sept1919 that the FCC certification Oculus filed limits the refresh rate to 72 Hz. He said the panel can go higher, but because that would void their FCC certification, they can’t allow it. He also mentioned that had they didn’t want to allow a higher refresh rate when filing because most developers would have too hard a time optimizing or even being able to deliver experiences that could hit a higher frame rate.  I think a lot of this is also due to the weaker Q1 mobile chip.  So, I kinda doubt that we are ever going to see 90hz on the Q1.

Obviously, the more powerful Q2 chip, together with fast lcd panels has raised the bar and Carmack said this year that the Q2 panels were actually capable of 120hz but he did not see this being practical.  This is because higher refresh rates takes more processing power.  With Link now coming out of beta and offering 72/80/90hz options for the Q2, it will be interesting to see what people think.  On a properly controlled Blind Test I doubt that many could tell the difference imho.

If you can tell the difference between 90 and 120 Hz / FPS on a 2D monitor (you'd have to be blind not to), then you can definitely benefit from 120 Hz in VR. Just people people aren't consciously aware doesn't mean it isn't helping them. Especially with regards to flickering due to low persistence. The difference between 90 and 120 Hz is large. Put it this way, 60 Hz AC, invented by Nicola Tesla, was determined to be the minimum frequency at which street lights stop flickering. But if you know anything about how lights work, a 60 Hz AC signal drops below negative voltage for half its period, so they use rectifiers. This makes a 60 Hz AC signal 120 Hz. So you need 120 Hz minimum to have acceptable flickering. Even if you're not consciously aware of the flickering of the backlight, it's there, and it causes ergonomic issues after long periods of watching it. Even on a 2D monitor, anything less than a 240 Hz PWM frequency used to dim the LED backlight is considered non-ergonomic. And while most people don't use VR anywhere near as long as they sit in front of their monitors (all day, basically), in VR the headset encompasses much more of your field of view, especially in the periphery where flicker is more objectionable and noticeable. If you turn your eyes to the side in your headset you will notice flickering, just like you do when you watch low PWM flickering on a 2D monitor. 

There's a reason why ULMB is only activated by monitor makers at a minimum of 120 Hz refresh rate: because anything below that (including 90 Hz) induces eye strain and headaches in lots of people. This has been studied, a lot. In fact the point at which flickering stops being noticeable entirely in your peripheral vision is around 500 Hz. This is why 480 Hz or ahigher PWM backlight dimming frequency in monitors is considered ergonomic. All this stuff has been studied.

There is no reason Oculus can't refile the Quest 1 and 2 to get re-certified for 90 Hz or 120 Hz, they just choose not to. On PC, there is no performance reason to not enable 120 Hz, many graphics cards can manage that even at native resolution in many games. So I suspect the real reason we will never see official 120 Hz on the Quest 2 has nothing to do with the FCC but everything to do with promoting standalone apps instead of Windows-based VR games. Hence they will stay with what the XR2's GPU can manage more easily, 90 Hz. But, that said, most these standalone games focus on gameplay with graphics a (far distant) secondary concern, so I believe many could manage 120 FPS / Hz.

To get 120 Hz on the Quest 2, or 90 Hz on the Quest 1, that will likely only happen if hackers do it.

Sorry mate but that all seems a bit fishy to me.  For starters, with my pretty good PC  (i9 9900k water cooled, gtx 1080ti) and with my1080p 144hz gaming monitor, I do not see any difference  in refresh settings above 100Hz. with any 2D games/sims. 

I don't have a problem with my 60Hz Oculus Go or 72Hz Quest 1.  Both look fine to me and I certainly do not get air-sick or suffer eye strain with either of these.  Increasing the refresh rates on either or these is just going to degrade performance imho.  I have already seen this with a few Go apps that let you boost from 60 to 72Hz.  This is also the reason why a 80Hz Rift S gives similar performance with its higher resolution than a 90Hz Rift cv1.

Reddit kiddies might say they notice a big difference between 72Hz and 90Hz with their Q2's but I did not notice this with my Q2 (pre v23 sidequest hacked) compared to my 90Hz Rift cv1 or Vive Pro.

Same goes for IPD.  My properly optician measured IPD is 69.0mm and I have not had any problems or any so-called IPD related eye strain problems with any IPD-limited Oculus headsets, including Go, Rift S, Q2.  Again, many Reddit kiddies seem to think that even 1-1.5mm difference in IPD makes that much difference.

Might be because of my old fart eyes, or maybe because I'm not looking for problems, lol!
J_Shepz
Protege
Got v23 pushed to my headset (officially) a few hours ago and while 90hz is nice, there is a fair bit of lag that appears while scrolling menus, especially in the settings menus. It also changed my home environment and turned off hand tracking, which I guess is no big deal. Gotta run up some more playtime though... ha
lensmandave
Superstar
Just got v23 on the Q2 headset . Still waiting for the PC update but tried Link anyway. Wow! what a difference! The desktop is so crisp and smooth now with no compression artifacts 🙂
Half Life Alyx was a solid 72 fps on 2K resolution, looking sharp and detailed. 
They have worked some magic with this update.
MadMax1998
Adventurer
Haven't gotten the update yet. Move was advertised in store but lead to nowhere. I'm on Quest 1 and this is highly interesting:
We've also rolled out the new universal menu bar to all first-generation Quest headsets.

Does this mean I will FINALLY be getting the Universal Menu that me and tons of Quest owners have been missing since it was taken away from us in the summer? And, does that mean it was NOT unintentional??
rogano23
Honored Guest
Can anyone tell me when the v23 update for oculus 2 will roll out in Scotland? 
rogano23
Honored Guest
I have had my headset on standby since Saturday.....still no update?
Fangzhou
Adventurer

rogano23 said:

I have had my headset on standby since Saturday.....still no update?

Usually they takes one to two weeks to roll out the update. This time it is slower than usual, I guess the update will be pushed in next few months. 
Trapsimus
Honored Guest
I live close enough to Facebook HQ to take a shit on their lawn and I haven't even gotten the update yet. Maybe I'll return my unit then go do that.. 
niklas.fritzell
Protege
I'm spasming from update withdrawal here! Have had my headset on standby for days but no update still.
Pains me to have to go through the process again with my upcoming Quest 2.

Is this how it's going to be in the future? The more Quests the longer the update waiting time?

When Quest 3 launches with tens of millions of units sold we will have to wait for 6 months for the rollouts? 
Seems a bit unsustainable in the long run to be Frank.
N0cturnalW0lf
Protege
They roll out in a staged way to monitor and fix bugs. I think this is similar to how Android phone updates are rolled out. The other way to do it is to aim for fixed roll out date and do more beta testing, like how Microsoft does it.
Both ways upset users! Perhaps it would be better to have hardware and software frozen at launch rather than treated as an ongoing service. Buyers know what they're getting, it works and if we want more then we get a new headset. Like TVs and hifi equipment.
ptom
Protege
:'( Sadly, the v23 update appears to have broken USB-C Ethernet connectivity for the Quest 2.  Up until last night I was able to use this quite successfully for direct gigabit wired internet.  Updated to v23 last night, and this morning it simply will not work - the connection noises are still emitted by the headset, but no resulting connectivity appears.
clouds5
Expert Protege
Just posting this so you guys don't feel alone, I haven't received v23 either  :disappointed: Not for my Quest 2 and not for my PC :smiley: 
LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer
I cheated and did it manually  >:) only thing I now miss is the shortcut to quest home by clicking the right menu button four times no longer works.
cibernaio
Protege

ptom said:

:'( Sadly, the v23 update appears to have broken USB-C Ethernet connectivity for the Quest 2.  Up until last night I was able to use this quite successfully for direct gigabit wired internet.  Updated to v23 last night, and this morning it simply will not work - the connection noises are still emitted by the headset, but no resulting connectivity appears.

I confirm that with the usb cable on v23 the network does not work, but are you sure it worked before? Obviously I suppose the wi-fi is put as off
Eastcoast78
Protege

I cheated and did it manually  >:) only thing I now miss is the shortcut to quest home by clicking the right menu button four times no longer works.

Im thinking about doing mine manually also.

chert1024VR
Protege
Can't wait any longer too and did the sideload thingy... Worked out well though.

I had to go back to PTC in the PC App to get V23 (beta) since I can't anymore wait for the V23 final.

Now, I both have the option to change the refresh rate (72, 80 & 90hz) and the resolution for Oculus Link.
N0cturnalW0lf
Protege

I've not heard of this before, is this to use the Quest in standalone mode but with a wire to reduce latency? ie nothing to do with running Link for PCVR
1v0i
Honored Guest
Hey, my Quest 2 got the update v23 but not my PC. Is there anything I can do like downloading v23 (PC) and install it on PC or something else ?

EDIT:Going back to PTC while waiting for the update.
LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer

I've not heard of this before, is this to use the Quest in standalone mode but with a wire to reduce latency? ie nothing to do with running Link for PCVR

Talking about this actually :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTcM0LVGo7M
Horis0nten
Protege
Finally got the v23 update pushed to my Quest 2 a couple of minutes ago. I'm in Sweden. The update rollout is probably random, but thought I'd share some hope for my fellow swedes and EU peeps.
Haven't checked the PC app yet. Will do it in the morning.

Edit: the PC app also had the update (19th nov).
seabas917
Explorer
Oculus Quest 2 v23 Update killed gigabit Ethernet support...  😞 
GoneVR
Protege

J_Shepz said:

Got v23 pushed to my headset (officially) a few hours ago and while 90hz is nice, there is a fair bit of lag that appears while scrolling menus, especially in the settings menus. It also changed my home environment and turned off hand tracking, which I guess is no big deal. Gotta run up some more playtime though... ha

Just got v23 on the Q2 headset . Still waiting for the PC update but tried Link anyway. Wow! what a difference! The desktop is so crisp and smooth now with no compression artifacts 🙂
Half Life Alyx was a solid 72 fps on 2K resolution, looking sharp and detailed. 
They have worked some magic with this update.

could you tell me exactly versions numbers inside headset and after connecting to oculus pc app (devices->quest 2 bottom button)? thanks!
clouds5
Expert Protege
Just received v23 update on both my Quest 2 and PC. Seems like the next rollout phase has begun^^ good luck 😕