cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of February 1st, 2021.

Messenger

• We’re starting to roll out Messenger on Oculus to people who have logged into Quest and Quest 2 using their Facebook account.
  • With this update, you can choose to chat with your Facebook friends anywhere they have Messenger, even if they’re not in VR. You can:
    • Chat with friends anywhere they have Messenger, without taking off the headset.
    • Invite friends to join you in a game or experience.
    • Jump into games together by sending a party invite.
  • Please note this will continue to roll out in the coming weeks, so you may not see the update right away -- stay tuned as it continues to be released.

Guardian and Passthrough

• Stationary Guardian 2.0
    • We’ve improved Stationary Guardian with the following updates:
      • Updated Stationary Guardian visuals to remove the grid.
      • Adjusted Stationary Guardian to be responsive when you move your headset, no controllers needed.
      • Added a new in-VR tutorial explaining how to use Guardian.
  • Passthrough Shortcut
    • We’re moving our Passthrough Shortcut from the experiments panel to general availability. This feature allows you to activate your Passthrough view by double-tapping the side of your Quest or Quest 2 headset. Double-tap again to switch back to your view in-VR.

VR Profiles

• We’ve updated the look, feel, and functionality of in-VR profiles and info. Some of the specific changes you’ll see include:
    • Having profile cards show up directly from your menu bar, so you can look up your friend or check out their new avatar without leaving your current app or experience.
    • We’ve made it so that people who use Facebook to log into Oculus can display Facebook friends and more easily communicate.
      • Keep in mind, you can change or update your privacy settings at any time.

Universal Menu

• You can now access the Universal Menu across any apps, games or experiences you're currently in.
    • To enable this feature, put on your headset and select Settings > Experimental Features > Universal Menu Overlay.

• We’ve also made updates and improvements to the the design and function of the Universal Menu. These include:
    • A sleeker toolbar design with easier to select menu items.
    • When you’re in a Party, you can now view Party details and leave the Party directly from the Universal Menu.
    • Improved tablet behavior when launching apps, switching panels, or resuming headset use.

Menu Navigation Tutorial

• We’ve added a new tutorial to walk you through how to navigate the various menus and panels from your Quest home environment. The in-VR lesson plan includes:
    • How to use the Universal Menu.
    • How to navigate between the different menu options and panels.
    • Understanding how the different panels and menu bar work together.

Oculus Browser

• You can now resize windows horizontally when using Oculus Browser. To do this:
    • Open Browser and hover over the left or right edge of any window. Use either your grip or trigger buttons to grab the handle and resize the window.
    • You can open up to three Browser windows at a time and adjust each panel separately.

Bluetooth Mouse

• You can now use a Bluetooth mouse while you’re in-VR. To do this:
    • Ensure that your Bluetooth mouse in is pairing mode, then go to Settings > Experimental Features > Bluetooth Pairing
    • Once you select your mouse from the pairing menu, you’ll be able to use it in VR.

Camera roll

• You can now trim the length of your captured videos to share out exactly the right moments by entering the edit mode after opening a captured video.
    • To do this: select your captured video from your camera roll, select the pencil icon in the top right portion of window, and drag your clip to the desired length.
      • Keep in mind, you can only trim a video if it’s more than 30 seconds in length. 
123 Comments
Cjhalot117
Honored Guest
I'm still on V20 on my quest 😞 but looks like a great update, good job Oculus!
Pixel.Bandits
Protege
Ooooooooh thanks for this. I'm unboxing my Q2 tomorrow for my birthday and this looks like a great birthday update 😄 
clouds5
Expert Protege

Ooooooooh thanks for this. I'm unboxing my Q2 tomorrow for my birthday and this looks like a great birthday update 😄 

Don't look forward to it too much, the way oculus is rolling out updates it could take a few days or even weeks before it hits your device 😞 We really need an "update now" button.
tanubon
Heroic Explorer
Month  😄
yuxin_chen
Honored Guest
expect it
Bet_Imma_Rage_Q
Explorer
NICE! Will the update be automatic or is it something that I need to go into the settings and initiate?
Aupuma
Explorer
Nice Update but no Software IPD adjustment? I barely use my Quest 2 because the messy IPD, on my Rift S I don't have any issues focusing my view... Please guys fix this, it is really important that users get their sight perfectly aligned with the screen.
Firemender
Honored Guest
If an update goes live, why does it take so long for it to come to my device? 
Centri
Honored Guest
You can manually update your headset by:

1. Plugging it in
2. navigating to settings
3. scrolling all the way down
4. clicking the option to check for available updates
5. if an update is available, the button will become un-grayed out
6. Leave the headset on and plugged in
7. after a while, restart your headset and the update should be applied.

If this was helpful, check out my youtube channel @ eFiRE Plays
john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
I tried all the above this is BS I waited 3 weeks for the other update and ended up doing a update from the boot menu.
kevinwarhaft
Adventurer
awesome ill look for it on my oculus quest 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Plugging it in

LOL
It doesnt work that way .. There is a flaw in your plan.
If an update is available, the button will become un-grayed out
And if it isnt ? ( which is normally the case )

On a good note im kind of happy to wait .. Last time there were loads of issues that had been sorted by the time i got mine a couple weeks later.
🙂
LadyH42
Honored Guest
*waits for multi-user, and app sharing, realizes it was probably v24, and they skipped right over it, just saying. Cant wait to try out v25, but yeah has to hit my quest 2, lets get it going
h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer

1. Plugging it in

That doesn't work! You can't influence an update. It is random.
crxefx
Expert Protege
Was surprised to find out tonight that my quest updated to 25 but my Q2 is still at 23.... Lol! On the other hand I haven't picked up my quest since I got the Q2. Wow, It really is amazing how much better the Q2 is all around. Especially the visual quality.
Pixel.Bandits
Protege

clouds5 said:

Don't look forward to it too much, the way oculus is rolling out updates it could take a few days or even weeks before it hits your device 😞 We really need an "update now" button.

Appreciate the heads up!!
PITTCANNA
Visionary

I tried all the above this is BS I waited 3 weeks for the other update and ended up doing a update from the boot menu.

this is bad practice.  They do controlled roll outs so that errors are minimized.  Would you rather have buggy update immediately or wait a bit until most bugs are fixed. 
john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer

PITTCANNA said:

this is bad practice.  They do controlled roll outs so that errors are minimized.  Would you rather have buggy update immediately or wait a bit until most bugs are fixed. 

Wrong, if it released it should be available.  How is this going to be buggy it's available to other users ? This has nothing to do with bugs being fixed Bottom line it's very poor rollout.
PITTCANNA
Visionary

PITTCANNA said:

Wrong, if it released it should be available.  How is this going to be buggy it's available to other users ? This has nothing to do with bugs being fixed Bottom line it's very poor rollout.

You have no idea, how roll outs work.  How little time qa really gets with an update how users use the software.

I work in QA, and if sales wants something out they will get something out.  QA determines risks based upon population.

Also server stress is another factor, if all users decide to hop on and download the update it would obliterate the server.
Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
Well Oculus. I hope you enjoy the update that we'll never get. Must amazing. Thanks for the dangling carrot btw. ?
McScreamy
Protege
got it!
LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer

McScreamy said:

got it!

Thanks for letting us know! You're the first I've seen. Good!
GeorgeH7
Honored Guest
will this 25 update also include the promised multi-user support?
As that is a much more important update (for me ? ).
Samsonite121
Explorer
This night also my Quest 2 updated to V25. And I discovered a brightness slider again in the quick setup menu beneath the volume slider. This is great as sometimes the brightness was to bright to me.
LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer

This night also my Quest 2 updated to V25. And I discovered a brightness slider again in the quick setup menu beneath the volume slider. This is great as sometimes the brightness was to bright to me.

Oh cool! This is the kind of things I like to see.
john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
Deleted
vrcrazytownz
Protege
enroll in the beta program and you'll get the update, at least i did
BigLizard88
Honored Guest
My Oculus Quest 2 still v23 and Update menu is grayed as it mentioned no new update. Any helps?
lensmandave
Superstar

My Oculus Quest 2 still v23 and Update menu is grayed as it mentioned no new update. Any helps?

It will come, just be patient. It's usual for the updates to be phased over a few weeks. 
Gabriel730
Honored Guest
Just bought Rift S. Everything is out if the box. Everything worked but the video. Cant even get to Guardian Setup. I had a older oculus and it worked fine till screen cracked. Bought this and its absolute $Hi$. Will have to return thru shipping Utter Crap!!!. Did all the uninstall re install/ actually bought windows pro in attempt to fix this bs issue. Did the windows update all the power setting in device mgr. updated everting bios, video card, etc. NOTHING AT ALL everything turns on but VIDEO. Oculus does not even know how to operate their own product. At 299 a pop you have plenty to pay your devs. WTF OCULUS 
Anonymous
Not applicable
In V25 we can no longer set texture resolution correctly via sidequest.  Very frustrating.  Can we get a confirm what has changed with the ADB commands?
kevinwarhaft
Adventurer
just got the update
MWGknight
Honored Guest

Aupuma said:

Nice Update but no Software IPD adjustment? I barely use my Quest 2 because the messy IPD, on my Rift S I don't have any issues focusing my view... Please guys fix this, it is really important that users get their sight perfectly aligned with the screen.

I sure wish they could somehow add a software mod to adjust like the physical dial on my old Gear VR. I could play with near perfect vision with no glassrs on that. Not Q2. Kinda bummed with that. 
1Jobe
Protege
Quest 2 arrived in mail yesterday setup initialized to v23. My Quest 1 is already on v25 two days now. Currently Old is newer .
McKajVah
Honored Guest
I cannot tick 90hz with a USB 2.0 cable. Oculus link software just updated, but still no go for 90Hz with USB 2.0.
TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Just bought Rift S. Everything is out if the box. Everything worked but the video. Cant even get to Guardian Setup. I had a older oculus and it worked fine till screen cracked. Bought this and its absolute $Hi$. Will have to return thru shipping Utter Crap!!!. Did all the uninstall re install/ actually bought windows pro in attempt to fix this bs issue. Did the windows update all the power setting in device mgr. updated everting bios, video card, etc. NOTHING AT ALL everything turns on but VIDEO. Oculus does not even know how to operate their own product. At 299 a pop you have plenty to pay your devs. WTF OCULUS 

Why are you posting your Rift S problem in this Quest thread?
huliqan
Adventurer
What a Hell with abd and sidequest ?
Settings do not works longer ?
 >:) 
PITTCANNA
Visionary

McKajVah said:

I cannot tick 90hz with a USB 2.0 cable. Oculus link software just updated, but still no go for 90Hz with USB 2.0.

are you checked in on the beta in pc app?   try unchecking it.
Cruthensis
Honored Guest
Selectable eye when recording/casting please... Left eye only is not cutting it anymore.
MotherBored407
Honored Guest
Looking forward to it! Loving Echo!
J_Shepz
Protege
Just got the v25 update on my Quest 2. It is a horrible stutter fest. There is definitely a guardian bug that causes lag mostly in the home menu when getting close to your boundary which makes Stationary Guardian pretty much unusable. If I enable the improved Stationary Guardian 2.0 in Experimental Features I get horrible little specs popping up all over the screen, massive frame drops and lag. After doing multiple reboots as well in different play spaces, it has not remembered any of them with the v25 update either. Have fully cleared my remembered guardian setups too. Really don't want to have to do a full factory reset and load up all my apps again (I have over 80gb of official & sideloaded apps now) for what feels like the fiftieth time. Why are these updates always one step forward, two steps back? Really disappointed. 
Und34dShr3d
Honored Guest
360 Sphere pictures are now broken in Oculus TV. They have a really annoying black stitch line and a blur at the end of the line. These are no longer immersive and totally ruin the feature.
Aymito2
Expert Protege
why I don't have v25 update yet....it have been a week since the update release...
gregor616
Adventurer
If you really want an update and don't want to wait for the lorttery to pull your number, learn how to sideload. I never wait for an update on mine. 
Aymito2
Expert Protege

gregor616 said:

If you really want an update and don't want to wait for the lorttery to pull your number, learn how to sideload. I never wait for an update on mine. 

How to sideload the update, is this even possible ?... B)
PITTCANNA
Visionary

Aymito2 said:

gregor616 said:

How to sideload the update, is this even possible ?... B)

You can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQxIsQMRpg4

you just need to get the v25 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D3POe0ZqPxfUZLxx5RFwioc3hEa_faax/view?usp=sharing

thats the v25 link above.
Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
Don't update. It's terrible.
tiziojoe
Explorer
There are some neat incremental improvements, but we are still hamstrung by the lack of user profiles and device sharing. The "device owner" label on the lock screen after upgrade looked so promising too!

The wait continues...
Image result for webare bears waiting gif

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I got the v25 update for the Oculus desktop app today but my Q1 is still on v23.  You'd think Oculus could at least sync these device updates, lol!  Anyway, my Q1 wireless w/Virtual Desktop worked fine with the new v25 Oculus desktop app so I guess there is no hurry for me to get v25 on my Q1.
nalex66
MVP
MVP
Finally got v25 last night. Menu scrolling is now smooth (it became stuttery with v23), but now I notice some jitters when the Guardian is visible (mostly if it’s visible while I’m in a menu). The addition of the Brightness slider is nice, but it seems to have very little effect (like it goes from 100% to 90%). Didn’t get around to testing Link or VD, but I did side load an app without issue. 

I like the new version of the stationary Guardian, since my long arms were constantly triggering the walls before. I may actually use this more often now, since I play a lot of games seated.