cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of February 1st, 2021.

Messenger

• We’re starting to roll out Messenger on Oculus to people who have logged into Quest and Quest 2 using their Facebook account.
  • With this update, you can choose to chat with your Facebook friends anywhere they have Messenger, even if they’re not in VR. You can:
    • Chat with friends anywhere they have Messenger, without taking off the headset.
    • Invite friends to join you in a game or experience.
    • Jump into games together by sending a party invite.
  • Please note this will continue to roll out in the coming weeks, so you may not see the update right away -- stay tuned as it continues to be released.

Guardian and Passthrough

• Stationary Guardian 2.0
    • We’ve improved Stationary Guardian with the following updates:
      • Updated Stationary Guardian visuals to remove the grid.
      • Adjusted Stationary Guardian to be responsive when you move your headset, no controllers needed.
      • Added a new in-VR tutorial explaining how to use Guardian.
  • Passthrough Shortcut
    • We’re moving our Passthrough Shortcut from the experiments panel to general availability. This feature allows you to activate your Passthrough view by double-tapping the side of your Quest or Quest 2 headset. Double-tap again to switch back to your view in-VR.

VR Profiles

• We’ve updated the look, feel, and functionality of in-VR profiles and info. Some of the specific changes you’ll see include:
    • Having profile cards show up directly from your menu bar, so you can look up your friend or check out their new avatar without leaving your current app or experience.
    • We’ve made it so that people who use Facebook to log into Oculus can display Facebook friends and more easily communicate.
      • Keep in mind, you can change or update your privacy settings at any time.

Universal Menu

• You can now access the Universal Menu across any apps, games or experiences you're currently in.
    • To enable this feature, put on your headset and select Settings > Experimental Features > Universal Menu Overlay.

• We’ve also made updates and improvements to the the design and function of the Universal Menu. These include:
    • A sleeker toolbar design with easier to select menu items.
    • When you’re in a Party, you can now view Party details and leave the Party directly from the Universal Menu.
    • Improved tablet behavior when launching apps, switching panels, or resuming headset use.

Menu Navigation Tutorial

• We’ve added a new tutorial to walk you through how to navigate the various menus and panels from your Quest home environment. The in-VR lesson plan includes:
    • How to use the Universal Menu.
    • How to navigate between the different menu options and panels.
    • Understanding how the different panels and menu bar work together.

Oculus Browser

• You can now resize windows horizontally when using Oculus Browser. To do this:
    • Open Browser and hover over the left or right edge of any window. Use either your grip or trigger buttons to grab the handle and resize the window.
    • You can open up to three Browser windows at a time and adjust each panel separately.

Bluetooth Mouse

• You can now use a Bluetooth mouse while you’re in-VR. To do this:
    • Ensure that your Bluetooth mouse in is pairing mode, then go to Settings > Experimental Features > Bluetooth Pairing
    • Once you select your mouse from the pairing menu, you’ll be able to use it in VR.

Camera roll

• You can now trim the length of your captured videos to share out exactly the right moments by entering the edit mode after opening a captured video.
    • To do this: select your captured video from your camera roll, select the pencil icon in the top right portion of window, and drag your clip to the desired length.
      • Keep in mind, you can only trim a video if it’s more than 30 seconds in length. 
123 Comments
Chappie8824
Protege
Just got Build 25 yesterday and went into Oculus app and I am getting sound and video stutters while on Link. Had no issues at all with Build 23 and was running fine at 90 Hz. Latest nvidia driver did not fix anything.
thatdude90210
Protege
Got V25 yesterday and I'm getting stutters. If I move my head laterally, I see stuttering in the menus on Home. In Eleven table tennis, the ball movement jumpy, worst than it was when it was 60hz. Pretty much unplayable. But if I disable Guardian, Eleven is smooth again. So I guess my temporary workaround is to play without Guardian. 
Failrunner
Heroic Explorer

Got V25 yesterday and I'm getting stutters. If I move my head laterally, I see stuttering in the menus on Home. In Eleven table tennis, the ball movement jumpy, worst than it was when it was 60hz. Pretty much unplayable. But if I disable Guardian, Eleven is smooth again. So I guess my temporary workaround is to play without Guardian. 

So because of this update you have to compromise your own safety to play. Good job Oculus! Maybe they should fix this before someone ends up in the hospital! ?

Edit: Yeah ha ha ha fanboys. The safety features don't work that's so funny! Stop being a fanboy! Facebook doesn't love you!
kevinwarhaft
Adventurer
i just got the social update there is no facebook messenger for me yet
nalex66
MVP
MVP
I noticed when I went to retrieve some screenshots off the Quest (by posting them to my Facebook page), there was a Messenger option there. I don't know if that was there before, and I didn't notice mention of Messenger in any other menu (not that I was looking for it, I don't typically use Messenger or Facebook).
Kocinski73
Protege

Just got Build 25 yesterday and went into Oculus app and I am getting sound and video stutters while on Link. Had no issues at all with Build 23 and was running fine at 90 Hz. Latest nvidia driver did not fix anything.

Here the same problem!
Oculus fix this.
Doofah
Honored Guest
Same problem with the stuttering on the menus.  Also had several black screens, having to reboot the device.  Frustrating
Chappie8824
Protege
I think it is a Link issue. It appeared to work and sound ok without the Link. I had an image of my Oculus folder from a month ago and was able to go back to Build 23 and all is well again with my Link connection.
Paul_LondonLad
Protege
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/98700/v25-firmware-issue-in-link-mode#latest

I'm encountering regular 'link' disconnections and trying to game with Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) which I didn't have occur at all with the V23 firmware.

@Support - Is there any logs that can be provided for troubleshooting?

Suggestion: Please create an option for users to rollback to a previous firmware version.
achilles_dagger
Explorer
My quest 2 updated to v25 and it sucks, now I can't even play any Steam games, DCS keeps kicking me out of the games back to the quest 2 home page and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 can't even find my headset. I'm about to send this crapy VR headset back and get my money back.
psyritual
Honored Guest

Aupuma said:

Nice Update but no Software IPD adjustment? I barely use my Quest 2 because the messy IPD, on my Rift S I don't have any issues focusing my view... Please guys fix this, it is really important that users get their sight perfectly aligned with the screen.

My thoughts exactly! This is the first VR headset I've purchased and it is noticeably blurrier than my friend's Vive that I tried last month. No matter how much I'm enjoying it, I may end up returning it for this one key point alone..
LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer
My two cents are: The update has been stable both stand alone and pc.
Q2 and PC on v25
GPU: RTX 2070
CPU: I7 9700k
Motherboard: ASUS

At0m_pt
Honored Guest
Still no update here.... OQ2 still on v23. 
Has anyone got the v25 already?
Failrunner
Heroic Explorer

At0m.pt said:

Still no update here.... OQ2 still on v23. 
Has anyone got the v25 already?

Yes it's horrible. It runs at 30hz and crashes a lot.
Bozzaspad
Explorer
Had oculus quest 2 since end of November, use mainly using link cable, v23 software absolutely no issues. 2 days ago it updated to v25 automatically which I'm not happy about and now crashes in game occasionally but most of all, after playing a while if I need a drink/break etc, irrelevant if I'm using static or zoned tracking I take off head set, leave it in same area, after 15 seconds the headset goes to sleep, when I return headset wakes up but you get a msg saying tracking lost and can't find controllers. Controllers don't respond and then headset goes to sleep again after 15 seconds of wearing it like it's not detecting your head. Press the on/off switch quickly to switch headset screen off and back on and still same, headset has totally crashed. Happenes 80% of time. It's total rubbish now. And updates should be updated when you allow them too, not automatically. Completely unreliable now.

UPDATE 14/2
carried out a factory reset, fortunately I haven't played my specific quest games much so lost little progress there, use it mainly for pc games and the issue of losing tracking, system crashing to home screen and total system crash when gone to sleep seem to be now resolved.
GGenny
Honored Guest
how do i revert to the previous version? I'm desperate, the menu is stuttering and the games are slower than before.

This is a nightmare... have the tests been performed?
SlowStreaker
Explorer
Might as well chime in here as well, an absolute trash updated on my end. For 2 weeks it worked fine, just bought mine, as soon as it updated I started getting problems recognizing my USB c as a 3.0 and now it is always 2.0 when I connect. Then the Link started getting dropped, randomly, love that and now finally it wont even find my headset. 

How many devices was this tested on? You are so quick to throw out the "social" features that you basically bricked my Quest  2 that worked fine for 2 weeks. 

Well this is going to cost you,

I am returning mine since I am within the 30 day period. Wasted 3 days trying to figure out why this is happening and it is all because of an update that seems to not be able to communicate properly with your device.
Nunyabinez
Rising Star
We are now seeing the result of VR going "mainstream." Enthusiasts and early adopters are into a cutting edge technology and are willing to deal with the occasional issues that come up.

The mainstream crowd are impatient and expect everything to be flawless or they take their balls and go home.

With v25 most people are working just fine, but the newbies that have issues are throwing hissy fits and sending their headsets back.

Other than giving developers more of a reason to make VR games, I would actually prefer that the "casual VR user" not have a headset anyway.
Failrunner
Heroic Explorer

We are now seeing the result of VR going "mainstream." Enthusiasts and early adopters are into a cutting edge technology and are willing to deal with the occasional issues that come up.

The mainstream crowd are impatient and expect everything to be flawless or they take their balls and go home.

With v25 most people are working just fine, but the newbies that have issues are throwing hissy fits and sending their headsets back.

Other than giving developers more of a reason to make VR games, I would actually prefer that the "casual VR user" not have a headset anyway.

Facebook apologist. ?
loregnum
Adventurer
I got V25 earlier last week and it also brought along jittery menus when in Oculus home that's been mentioned by a few others here. Disappointing. Outside of that, things seem to be alright elsewhere though there is still the issue of stutters in Virtual Desktop/PCVR play when the guardian comes up or having the headset move towards the ground.

I'd factory reset if Oculus actually had full system cloud saves or a way to keep save data. Given their answer to every bug their new updates inevitably bring to some is to factory reset, they should really look into this rather than having owners be inconvenienced with either losing save data or having to rely on SideQuest in hopes the data will be backed up.
loregnum
Adventurer

I'm not in the mainstream crowd but you know what I think they and me expect? Updates to not break things that were working before. I am indeed willing to deal with it but at the same time, I think it is a bit ridiculous some of these issues happen, like the jittery menus in Oculus home after this update. How does this get screwed up and how was it not caught? Multiple people here including me have mentioned it so did they even test V25 before rolling it out? The jittery menus are so bad that when they happen, they could easily make someone sick that is new to VR and doesn't have much of their "VR legs"

The worst part is that they don't provide any solid avenue to try and fix it. Apparently factory resetting often gets rid of these issues but then you lose save data because Oculus refuses to have a system wide cloud save feature. If you can't see how ridiculous it is to expect people to possibly have to factory reset their headset every single month to fix the latest firmware glitch/bug and potentially lose their data (can't even rely on SideQuest backup as it doesn't work with every game) then I don't know what else to say.

Nunyabinez
Rising Star

loregnum said:

I'm not in the mainstream crowd but you know what I think they and me expect? Updates to not break things that were working before. I am indeed willing to deal with it but at the same time, I think it is a bit ridiculous some of these issues happen, like the jittery menus in Oculus home after this update. How does this get screwed up and how was it not caught? Multiple people here including me have mentioned it so did they even test V25 before rolling it out? The jittery menus are so bad that when they happen, they could easily make someone sick that is new to VR and doesn't have much of their "VR legs"

The worst part is that they don't provide any solid avenue to try and fix it. Apparently factory resetting often gets rid of these issues but then you lose save data because Oculus refuses to have a system wide cloud save feature. If you can't see how ridiculous it is to expect people to possibly have to factory reset their headset every single month to fix the latest firmware glitch/bug and potentially lose their data (can't even rely on SideQuest backup as it doesn't work with every game) then I don't know what else to say.

Do you have any evidence that this is wide spread? A couple of disgruntled people on a blog does not indicate a massive issue. Oculus has sold perhaps 3 million Quest 2 headsets. If there were 3+ million Quest users whose headsets were broken, this forum, Reddit and Facebook would blow up.

You assume because you had a problem that everyone has it. I have 4 Oculus headsets and all of them are working just fine on v25. Should I say you are a liar because you say you have problems? Of course not. But that means that YOU have a problem with v25 and YOUR headset. When only some people have an issue, it can be very hard to track it down and fix it. If everyone had a problem, Oculus would address it to everyone.

And my point still stands. This is not like a Windows update that is to a base system that has been around for a dozen years. And in my many years as a Windows user and as Mac user, I have seen updates that were full of bugs. And yes, the broke existing functionality.

So maybe you expect updates to not break things. In my opinion that is an unreasonable expectation. And your examples just make my point for me. This is still bleeding edge technology. You can't reasonably expect it to behave like a mature product. I don't know if you were around for the first version of the iPhone, but it was a hot mess.
Nunyabinez
Rising Star

Facebook apologist. ?

If you have something to assert, take more time than a whippy personal attack. If you want to refute my points, please do so and we'll discuss, but don't take the coward's way and attack me. Man up. 
jotadesigns
Explorer

loregnum said:

Do you have any evidence that this is wide spread? A couple of disgruntled people on a blog does not indicate a massive issue. Oculus has sold perhaps 3 million Quest 2 headsets. If there were 3+ million Quest users whose headsets were broken, this forum, Reddit and Facebook would blow up.

You assume because you had a problem that everyone has it. I have 4 Oculus headsets and all of them are working just fine on v25. Should I say you are a liar because you say you have problems? Of course not. But that means that YOU have a problem with v25 and YOUR headset. When only some people have an issue, it can be very hard to track it down and fix it. If everyone had a problem, Oculus would address it to everyone.

And my point still stands. This is not like a Windows update that is to a base system that has been around for a dozen years. And in my many years as a Windows user and as Mac user, I have seen updates that were full of bugs. And yes, the broke existing functionality.

So maybe you expect updates to not break things. In my opinion that is an unreasonable expectation. And your examples just make my point for me. This is still bleeding edge technology. You can't reasonably expect it to behave like a mature product. I don't know if you were around for the first version of the iPhone, but it was a hot mess.

First of all, i have been on vr since DK2, i have been playing on quest 2 v21, v23 and this v25.
And FOR ME my q2 has gone from perfect to fatal with this V25, to the point that I've had to disable the guardian (improves a little)

NOW i have sttutering, on menus, games, passthrough etc etc
Are you telling me that they are imaginations or something similar?

Have you taken a walk on reddit? because there are a lot of complaints

Factory reset done, the same... have v25 on pc and q2
Nunyabinez
Rising Star

First of all, i have been on vr since DK2, i have been playing on quest 2 v21, v23 and this v25.
And FOR ME my q2 has gone from perfect to fatal with this V25, to the point that I've had to disable the guardian (improves a little)

No, but are you saying that I must be having these problems? Because I'm not. I have no doubt that some people are having issues. And I sincerely feel bad for those people who are. I have been there many times when my stuff wasn't working and everyone else's was, and it sucks.

I just see people saying "v25 is a disaster", when what they should be saying is "v25 is a disaster for me."

I see enough people complaining that there is certainly something going on, but not nearly enough to be able to assume that it is a wide-spread problem affecting all or even a large number of users.
jotadesigns
Explorer

No, but are you saying that I must be having these problems? Because I'm not. I have no doubt that some people are having issues. And I sincerely feel bad for those people who are. I have been there many times when my stuff wasn't working and everyone else's was, and it sucks.

I just see people saying "v25 is a disaster", when what they should be saying is "v25 is a disaster for me."

I see enough people complaining that there is certainly something going on, but not nearly enough to be able to assume that it is a wide-spread problem affecting all or even a large number of users.

im saying there are a lot of complaints, where u read "are you saying that I must be having these problems?"
Nunyabinez
Rising Star

im saying there are a lot of complaints, where u read "are you saying that I must be having these problems?"

How do you define "a lot of complaints?"

I see a handful of people out of several million users. So I'm saying that you may be overestimating the number of people being affected by this. It appears that the vast majority of people are unaffected, which isn't probably much comfort to those who are.
Chappie8824
Protege

Nunyabinez you are the one making the claim that it is just fine for most people...so where are you getting your data? I show an overwhelming more comments of having issues with Build 25 than I do those claiming awesomeness on these forums. I am lucky enough to have an image of the Oculus folder and was able to revert back to "working just fine" with Link by putting Build 23 back.
GGenny
Honored Guest
on reddit a lot of people have my problems. If you have no problems it means that there is a class of devices that exhibit problems (other factory / other hardware).
Nunyabinez
Rising Star

Nunyabinez you are the one making the claim that it is just fine for most people...so where are you getting your data? I show an overwhelming more comments of having issues with Build 25 than I do those claiming awesomeness on these forums. I am lucky enough to have an image of the Oculus folder and was able to revert back to "working just fine" with Link by putting Build 23 back.

This seems kind of silly. Do you expect that people who upgrade and have no problems are going to flock to forums to say "just letting you know that my update didn't screw up my headset!"

People only let you know when something went wrong. And by simple logic, if 3 million Quest users all had problems it would be more than a handful of people on forums complaining. 

I'm not saying that a good number of people aren't being affected, but there isn't evidence that this is affecting everyone or even the majority.
Nunyabinez
Rising Star

GGenny said:

on reddit a lot of people have my problems. If you have no problems it means that there is a class of devices that exhibit problems (other factory / other hardware).

I expect that there will be a patch fairly soon. How long it takes is partly a function of how widespread it is and how hard it is to figure out why some units are affected and some aren't.
GeorgeH7
Honored Guest
I also experience the stuttering menu in the home screen (and in some games) while moving (not turning) my head to the left/right, which started after the update.
I hope this can be fixed without a factory reset.
Where/how should I mention this, as I can expect this forum is only the place to talk about this, not to get it fixed?
Nunyabinez
Rising Star

GeorgeH7 said:

I also experience the stuttering menu in the home screen (and in some games) while moving (not turning) my head to the left/right, which started after the update.
I hope this can be fixed without a factory reset.
Where/how should I mention this, as I can expect this forum is only the place to talk about this, not to get it fixed?

It is not uncommon for their to be a few issues when a new update is released. From anecdotal information, a reset may not help. Only do that if you don't mind losing some data, as not all developers have implemented cloud saves so some of your progress may get lost.

There should be an update soon, it does appear that there are more than just a few affected, so that is actually good news since they will be focused on fixing it. Worst case is that you have to wait until v26. They have said they want monthly updates so it could be a month.

You might try opting into the beta. I haven't heard whether that does anything, but you can always go back and forth.
thatdude90210
Protege
Lots of stuttering & other complaints, especially with Guardian, on the reddit Quest sub. It's far more popular than this place.
https://old.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/lb4hns/v25_update_megathread/

jotadesigns
Explorer

J_Shepz said:

Just got the v25 update on my Quest 2. It is a horrible stutter fest. There is definitely a guardian bug that causes lag mostly in the home menu when getting close to your boundary which makes Stationary Guardian pretty much unusable. If I enable the improved Stationary Guardian 2.0 in Experimental Features I get horrible little specs popping up all over the screen, massive frame drops and lag. After doing multiple reboots as well in different play spaces, it has not remembered any of them with the v25 update either. Have fully cleared my remembered guardian setups too. Really don't want to have to do a full factory reset and load up all my apps again (I have over 80gb of official & sideloaded apps now) for what feels like the fiftieth time. Why are these updates always one step forward, two steps back? Really disappointed. 

and factory reset its the same but without my data ::smiley:
MartyTheRock
Explorer

J_Shepz said:

Just got the v25 update on my Quest 2. It is a horrible stutter fest. There is definitely a guardian bug that causes lag mostly in the home menu when getting close to your boundary which makes Stationary Guardian pretty much unusable. If I enable the improved Stationary Guardian 2.0 in Experimental Features I get horrible little specs popping up all over the screen, massive frame drops and lag. After doing multiple reboots as well in different play spaces, it has not remembered any of them with the v25 update either. Have fully cleared my remembered guardian setups too. Really don't want to have to do a full factory reset and load up all my apps again (I have over 80gb of official & sideloaded apps now) for what feels like the fiftieth time. Why are these updates always one step forward, two steps back? Really disappointed. 

I can assure you a factory reset doesn't solve the problem. I tried it minutes ago, Issue still there.
JMB21
Honored Guest
Just letting you know that my update didn't screw up my headset!
TurnGrey
Honored Guest
If multiple people are finding dead rats in their soup at the best resturant in the world, is there a problem. Should they just shut up an eat because everybody else is fine.

My main problem is these updates adds absolutely nothing to my world. I want to take advantage of my 2 cloud gaming accounts, geforce now and xbox pass. could not use them on the oculus go so upgraded to quest2  because it had android 10 system.I can play cloud games on every device except this thing. even fire stick displays cloud gaming correctly,yet this next gen hardware REFUSE to ....seems like trolling to me.
LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer

TurnGrey said:

If multiple people are finding dead rats in their soup at the best resturant in the world, is there a problem. Should they just shut up an eat because everybody else is fine.

My main problem is these updates adds absolutely nothing to my world. I want to take advantage of my 2 cloud gaming accounts, geforce now and xbox pass. could not use them on the oculus go so upgraded to quest2  because it had android 10 system.I can play cloud games on every device except this thing. even fire stick displays cloud gaming correctly,yet this next gen hardware REFUSE to ....seems like trolling to me.

A dead rat in the soup at the Waldorf Astoria is actually proportionate to your headset catching fire while it's on your face. I fully understand frustrations related to technology acting up and yes, sometimes an update can mess things up but we all know the nature of this too.
the point is, we have all been there but as far as V25 is concerned, issues with V25 is not universal.

Open thine ticket and good luck to you Sir as we all share the boat.
h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
I got this stutter and jitter too. I notice it mainly in Altspace VR and the Home here and there. 
JohanTEAswe
Expert Protege
Please update v25! it stutters so much ?
Rowdoc
Honored Guest

Ooooooooh thanks for this. I'm unboxing my Q2 tomorrow for my birthday and this looks like a great birthday update 😄 

Enjoy and forget to get set up for Sidequest as well.
DASFREAK
Protege
Any videos on how to set up multiple accounts?  I don't see it and I'm on V25 (finally).  😞
convy84
Honored Guest
+1 for the juttering issue.

My headset only just updated last night so only tested it out for 10mins or so, but noticed the jutter right away as I'm quite sensitive to graphical glitches. Haven't used for long enough to see whether I had any tracking issues as other people have experienced.

To those denying there is a widespread issue with the firmware update, in my personal experience working in the IT industry, issues are more often than not more widespread than they appear. A good percentage of users wouldn't even think to or be bothered to report an issue. Fewer still would research the issue on their own and come across these forums like I have. I personally don't really sign in to forums, choosing instead to scroll through past answers and then either resolve the issue myself based on other user's input, or report the issue straight to the manufacturer. So this is a first in a long time for me.

I have logged a support ticket with Oculus and suggest everyone experiencing issues to do the same. It's the best way for Oculus to get any kind of real data on the number of users being affected.
jotadesigns
Explorer

convy84 said:

+1 for the juttering issue.

My headset only just updated last night so only tested it out for 10mins or so, but noticed the jutter right away as I'm quite sensitive to graphical glitches. Haven't used for long enough to see whether I had any tracking issues as other people have experienced.

To those denying there is a widespread issue with the firmware update, in my personal experience working in the IT industry, issues are more often than not more widespread than they appear. A good percentage of users wouldn't even think to or be bothered to report an issue. Fewer still would research the issue on their own and come across these forums like I have. I personally don't really sign in to forums, choosing instead to scroll through past answers and then either resolve the issue myself based on other user's input, or report the issue straight to the manufacturer. So this is a first in a long time for me.

I have logged a support ticket with Oculus and suggest everyone experiencing issues to do the same. It's the best way for Oculus to get any kind of real data on the number of users being affected.

have the same feeling 
I bet there are many more people affected than we think, although many do not report it or do not even realize the problem
TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Maybe a reason for the slow rollout?  I'm still on v23 with my Q1 (and v25 on PC) without any problems. 
convy84
Honored Guest
After some further research, I did come across users that have varying firmware and runtime versions. Wonder if that has anything to do with some users reporting issues and others not?

For what it's worth, mine is currently:
Headset Version - 13969800083700000
Software Version - 25.0.0.72.688.XXX
Runtime Version - 25.0.0.72.688.XXX

Some users reported being on 25.0.0.71... and even someone on 25.0.0.77... with runtime on 25.0.0.78...

Could be some minor revisions with the problem? Though if mine only updated last night I wonder why it only went to 25.0.0.72?
lolivera69
Honored Guest
if any of the oculus developers read this forums please allow us to go back to v24. The stutters with link make the games unplayable. 

tanubon
Heroic Explorer
There isn't v24. Previous version is v23. I don't have any problem on v25.
Nunyabinez
Rising Star

convy84 said:

After some further research, I did come across users that have varying firmware and runtime versions. Wonder if that has anything to do with some users reporting issues and others not?

For what it's worth, mine is currently:
Headset Version - 13969800083700000
Software Version - 25.0.0.72.688.XXX
Runtime Version - 25.0.0.72.688.XXX

Some users reported being on 25.0.0.71... and even someone on 25.0.0.77... with runtime on 25.0.0.78...

Could be some minor revisions with the problem? Though if mine only updated last night I wonder why it only went to 25.0.0.72?

I am also on 25.0.0.72... and not experiencing any issues if that helps.