cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 / Quest Build 26.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of February 18th, 2021.

Bring Your Couch into VR

• We’ve added the ability to place a virtual couch on your real couch to use while you’re in-VR. Now, after an energetic game of Beat Saber, you can head over to your real couch, see it in your virtual space, and easily take a seat and catch your breath while you watch Netflix in-VR.
  • Virtual couch boundaries are automatically saved and detected so you don’t have to re-add them each time you put on your headset.
    • We recommend staying seated while using the couch.
  • You can opt-in to this experimental feature by selecting Settings > Experimental Features
      • Please note, the experiments section includes features that are still being developed, and so you may encounter anything from minor issues to app crashes.

Hand Tracking

• We’ve made improvements to the point and pinch gesture to make it easier to highlight and select things while using hand tracking in-VR.
52 REPLIES 52

CRISOX36
Explorer

Any signs when the microphone is going to fix ie: when I record and talk to the teammate on the recording you cant hear my voice or when I go live you can hear only them mate but not your own voice ????

Strongit
Heroic Explorer

That was a fast follow up to the last patch.  I like the idea of the virtual couch.

Quest 1, i5-8600K at 4.7 GHz, eVGA 1080 ti FTW3, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16 GB 3200 MHz

kevinwarhaft
Adventurer

i hope to have it soon also facebook messenger 

kevin warhaft

xeno3d
Adventurer

Updates take so long to get lately.  I used to get them all right away.

PITTCANNA
Visionary

https://uploadvr.com/oculus-quest-couch-guardian/

the couch guardian was in the works for months the link has more description of what that will look like.

kevinwarhaft
Adventurer

i got the update still no facebook messenger

kevin warhaft

19warren63
Honored Guest

how do i get the update please 

LapinFou14
Protege

Does, this V26 update, will fix the tracking issues introduced in the V25 firmware?

maxx11111
Adventurer

Terrible tracking in the home screen, bad glitching when moving your head left/right.

if you go into a game its fine unless you bring up the oculus menu in game.