cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 / Quest Build 26.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of February 18th, 2021.

Bring Your Couch into VR

• We’ve added the ability to place a virtual couch on your real couch to use while you’re in-VR. Now, after an energetic game of Beat Saber, you can head over to your real couch, see it in your virtual space, and easily take a seat and catch your breath while you watch Netflix in-VR.
  • Virtual couch boundaries are automatically saved and detected so you don’t have to re-add them each time you put on your headset.
    • We recommend staying seated while using the couch.
  • You can opt-in to this experimental feature by selecting Settings > Experimental Features
      • Please note, the experiments section includes features that are still being developed, and so you may encounter anything from minor issues to app crashes.

Hand Tracking

• We’ve made improvements to the point and pinch gesture to make it easier to highlight and select things while using hand tracking in-VR.
52 REPLIES 52

What I shame.... 😥 I was hoping V26 would fixed the issues coming with the V25.

Fangzhou
Level 6

I have noticed bad controller tracking performance since v25, that makes Beat Saber difficult to play.. got significantly more missing notes. I have to adjust the audio delay to 120ms+, but still not able to fully solve the tracking latency problem. And v26 seems not fixing this tracking latency. Since I also updated Beat Saber itself, not sure the latency problem is caused by system update or Beat Saber update.

This is bad news then. If you are checking this forum, you will see that many customers reported than there is some tracking issues since the V25 update. So, I guess your Beat Saber trouble is probably more on the Quest firmware rather than the game update.

kevinwarhaft
Level 4

i found facebook messenger i got it by doing voice command lol

kevin warhaft

maxx11111
Level 5

Disabeling guardian dramatically ruduces stuttering in home.

morpson
Level 2

What in the world I haven’t used my quest 2 in a couple days.. I just got on - v26 was installed it’s all messed up ..the 2 games I tried kept glitching plus stuttering. I spent 30 mins trying to get my quest connected to 5G instead of 2g - once I got it to 5G the speed is still unbearably slow. Vrchat took 8-9 minutes loading a 20mb world (while connected to 5G WiFi)

v25 was finally settling down and most of my issues seemed to resolve themselves *slowly.. and then v26 made it bad again actually worse ughhhhhh

I am using this thing less and less because of things like this 

Kocinski73
Level 4

Want a (link) Hotfix & get a Couch!!
Thanks for nothing !

This is a serious issue that the Oculus dev team needs to address.  The rollouts take weeks.  I'm a developer and I still don't have it.  They need to redesign their distribution process to prioritize and speed up content distribution.

Wiggum007
Level 3

I was really hoping I could enjoy the product I spent over 700 AUD on. Instead of fixing the breaking audio bugs and disconnects occurring wide spread with Oculus Link introduced in firmware v25 you release a virtual couch. 

This official Oculus Link cable I spent 108$ AUD really helps me enjoy the PCVR link the broken V25 firmware way.  That 1920's audio crackle and pop quality, unplyable. The random disconnects from Link while playing any game. It's so much fun!

I loved the quest 2 but after version 25 firmware update, come version 25 update you've made my product a piece of garbage.

Really, really disappointing. To top it off I bought a 2nd quest coz I was originally so happy with it, was for family and friends. While being shipped version 25 firmware rolled out and now I own 2 half working Quest 2 products and Oculus wont even acknowledge on the forums that they're looking into and working on fixing the problems. 

This is shameful. 

I'm with you in that same boat. I ordered a second OQ2 shortly after trying my first -- And then the update arrived. Worse yet, number 2 is somewhere in postal limbo, so I have to sit and wait with a clunker not fixed by the v26 "couch"  update wondering what the new one will act like our of the box. These all use the same hardware, so how have these updates apparently only made a mess of some of our headsets? I don't get that