cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 / Quest Build 26.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of February 18th, 2021.

Bring Your Couch into VR

• We’ve added the ability to place a virtual couch on your real couch to use while you’re in-VR. Now, after an energetic game of Beat Saber, you can head over to your real couch, see it in your virtual space, and easily take a seat and catch your breath while you watch Netflix in-VR.
  • Virtual couch boundaries are automatically saved and detected so you don’t have to re-add them each time you put on your headset.
    • We recommend staying seated while using the couch.
  • You can opt-in to this experimental feature by selecting Settings > Experimental Features
      • Please note, the experiments section includes features that are still being developed, and so you may encounter anything from minor issues to app crashes.

Hand Tracking

• We’ve made improvements to the point and pinch gesture to make it easier to highlight and select things while using hand tracking in-VR.
52 REPLIES 52

Quacklin
Protege

I preordered the quest 1 and the quest 2.
But I have never had such problems as since v26.

Of course, since v25, the home environment is so jerky that I can really only use the passthrough environment.

But that is still my smallest problem.
The tracking always starts to play completely crazy.
In the middle of the game it throws me into the black void with the tracking lost screen. Then the three white dots appear and the message fades in and out.
At some point there is a popup with quit game.
After that I have to recreate the Guardian.
But no matter how much the quest does not recognize a Guardian or the Guardian glitched the stupid couch is always in the right place. I can't even remove it anymore.
Whenever I go to change/remove I can only recreate it.

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer

You should add bucket tracking so this way if the lag and stuttering make me feel sick I can find my bucket to vomit into. 😉

😄😁😀

Very funny.

deankenny
Protege

4 pages and nothing about breaking the hz rate, everything is stuck at 72hz on link, doesn't matter what you do it's stuck. Only fix is to redownload oculus software, this fixes it, but autoupdate comes along and updates it to this latest version breaking it again. 

As I already said in my first post about this, I know the fix, but it only lasts until Oculus auto updates which you can't turn off.

ohgrant
Superstar

Some weirdness here too in both version 25 & 26.  I was able to set both Quest 1 and 2 supersampling to whatever I wanted before with just two games/apps not displaying correctly before version 25. With version 25 and 26, the problem I was having , while internally supersampling, with those two games has manifested in home only now. The two games that were having issues with SS are playing great now with SS applied.

The issue is just a portion of the screen is displayed, the higher the resolution setting, the smaller the visible screen is. 

The simple resolution for me was to set it on passthrough, which seemed to take a heavy burden of processing whatever is going on in home screen. 

Beside the home weirdness, 25 and 26 so far has been the best two versions for internal apps and games. I don't see any difference in link or virtual desktop performance.   

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

ohgrant
Superstar

I have to take it back about link being normal here. Just tried it and it's a mess here too now.

Virtual desktop has seemed to improve greatly though. Not sure if it was a VD update or the Oculus runtime update now they are officially supported. 

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

i have build 26 and since then i had little to no issues with that

I was already on v25 with my Q1 and yesterday I got a fairly large update which took ~25 minutes to download, install, then restart.  After all that my setting/about still say I'm on v25, not v26.  I cannot see any obvious changes and everything standalone and wireless w/Virtual Desktop (not using Link right now) seems to work fine.  So, maybe just a v25 update or a precursor to v26, who know?

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers