cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 / Quest Build 27.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of March 15th, 2021.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue blocking the overlay keyboard from displaying in third-party apps where multiple fields are present in a form.

Known Issues

• Some users may see an error message, “System Alert Error” related to the cooling fan. This error message is false and the headset is working as it should. Users should click out of the error message and continue to use their headset as normal.
88 REPLIES 88

Me too. My Q1 is on V25, my Rift is on V26 and my Q2 is on V27.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

Same for me ... Oculus Link connection impossible on my Quest1 and barely usable (frequent disconnections) on my Quest2. Nothing changed except the upgrade (firmware and PC software), and everything worked as a charm before ...

If any Link users that were struggling with V25/26 upgrade to V27 and have success, let us know. Early word seems to indicate our words have gone unheard. I will stick with V23 until positive feedback indicates these Link problems were fixed. Frustrating.

It’s too late to know that OCULUS has shut down the downgrade method. I just hope I haven’t upgraded.

mgjaws
Level 2

Why does my occulus say occulus app runtime keeps stopping and says my Bluetooth is off omg I need assistance 

Geesey
Level 3

PLEASE RESOLVE THE ISSUES WITH LINK ALREADY! I WANT TO PLAY MY GAMES ON MY PC!!

Fangzhou
Level 6

I was waiting for Oculus to fix the controller tracking latency issue since v25, then after updated to v27, controller tracking latency is increased. Now I can even see the latency by just waving controller in Beat Saber. 

And the latency is not constant, it keep changing. Sometimes the latency is small enough, then the latency suddenly increase for few seconds. In Beat Saber, this means suddenly a lot of missing notes and failure. 

I won't expect Oculus to fix this, but at least please don't make it worse and worse..

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Just saw that I got v27 on my Quest 2 sometime since last night. A few things I noticed:

• They fixed the Apps menu so that it remembers your filters, instead of it always going back to Recent/All (which it has been doing since v25). Edit: It still reverts to Recent/All after a restart, but at least it remembers filter settings when switching away from and back to the Apps menu.
  • There is a new graphic for "No Notifications" after you clear out the Notifications tab (this is what I noticed first, and what prompted me to check my software version).
  • They seem to have fixed the problem that I've had with almost every update since the original Quest came out--my battery wasn't depleted after the update was installed. Usually a new update overnight means that my headset battery is fully drained when I go to use my Quest the next day (I think this was actually sorted out in v20, but I'm happy to see that it remains fixed).
  • They haven't fixed the stuttering that occurs when the Guardian is visible in the Home environment (which started happening with with v25).

I haven't had any trouble with Link with any recent updates, but I'll test it again soon with this update.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

Yep, still on v25, still having the "drunk" tracking issues where everything lags and I get nauseous after 10 minutes of play.

Quest 1, i5-8600K at 4.7 GHz, eVGA 1080 ti FTW3, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16 GB 3200 MHz

Still on V26 on the headset. BUT My PC Oculus application just upgraded this evening : app Oculus 27.0.0.45.507 (27.0.0.45.507). It seems that Link is currently working quite ok (1 crash of application, but no disconnection of Oculus Link without any other clue). I managed to play Star Wars Squadron VR 1h30 🙂 Quest 2 firmware didn't change, only the PC application thanks to the beta canal that I validated in the parameters

Before this upgrade and since the 26th of February, link was unusable (frequent disconnection, maximum 10 minutes OK and more often only 1 to 2 minutes before disconnection ...).

So it seems that V27 version of PC oculus software is good news for Oculus link