cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of March 15th, 2021.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue blocking the overlay keyboard from displaying in third-party apps where multiple fields are present in a form.

Known Issues

• Some users may see an error message, “System Alert Error” related to the cooling fan. This error message is false and the headset is working as it should. Users should click out of the error message and continue to use their headset as normal.
88 Comments
leebhnn
Honored Guest

my quest 1 still on V25 

Anonymous
Not applicable

What about all these Link problems? Has they been resloved?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Ya, same here mate, lol!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same questions as the top 3 posts ..

And if they are not Known Issues you need new staff.

EDIT

I guess i could have said nothing but all of a sudden my Link is working perfectly so have to take back my comment .. Although still no update from V25 i can live with that 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oculus Quest 2 throu Link on Oculus settings set at 90 hz but on Steam settings shows 70hz ? On V27 happening on V26 too

Anonymous
Not applicable

What about the stuttering in Home? 

As always with Quest2, I have to wait 12 further days to receive this update to see on myself.

Thank's Oculus.

regaladida
Honored Guest

Finally someone with the same problem as me! Oculus Link has been stuttering nonstop for me in the last month. 

justmetoo
Protege

LOL  Mine too  don't think it's ever going to upgrade   it's been on steady for 2 weeks now.

jotadesigns
Explorer

you have little shame right?

they should report you to consumption everyone

Nunyabinez
Rising Star

Me too. My Q1 is on V25, my Rift is on V26 and my Q2 is on V27.

benfromparis1977
Explorer

Same for me ... Oculus Link connection impossible on my Quest1 and barely usable (frequent disconnections) on my Quest2. Nothing changed except the upgrade (firmware and PC software), and everything worked as a charm before ...

Chappie8824
Protege

If any Link users that were struggling with V25/26 upgrade to V27 and have success, let us know. Early word seems to indicate our words have gone unheard. I will stick with V23 until positive feedback indicates these Link problems were fixed. Frustrating.

leebhnn
Honored Guest

It’s too late to know that OCULUS has shut down the downgrade method. I just hope I haven’t upgraded.

mgjaws
Honored Guest

Why does my occulus say occulus app runtime keeps stopping and says my Bluetooth is off omg I need assistance 

Geesey
Honored Guest

PLEASE RESOLVE THE ISSUES WITH LINK ALREADY! I WANT TO PLAY MY GAMES ON MY PC!!

Fangzhou
Adventurer

I was waiting for Oculus to fix the controller tracking latency issue since v25, then after updated to v27, controller tracking latency is increased. Now I can even see the latency by just waving controller in Beat Saber. 

And the latency is not constant, it keep changing. Sometimes the latency is small enough, then the latency suddenly increase for few seconds. In Beat Saber, this means suddenly a lot of missing notes and failure. 

I won't expect Oculus to fix this, but at least please don't make it worse and worse..

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Just saw that I got v27 on my Quest 2 sometime since last night. A few things I noticed:

• They fixed the Apps menu so that it remembers your filters, instead of it always going back to Recent/All (which it has been doing since v25). Edit: It still reverts to Recent/All after a restart, but at least it remembers filter settings when switching away from and back to the Apps menu.
  • There is a new graphic for "No Notifications" after you clear out the Notifications tab (this is what I noticed first, and what prompted me to check my software version).
  • They seem to have fixed the problem that I've had with almost every update since the original Quest came out--my battery wasn't depleted after the update was installed. Usually a new update overnight means that my headset battery is fully drained when I go to use my Quest the next day (I think this was actually sorted out in v20, but I'm happy to see that it remains fixed).
  • They haven't fixed the stuttering that occurs when the Guardian is visible in the Home environment (which started happening with with v25).

I haven't had any trouble with Link with any recent updates, but I'll test it again soon with this update.

Strongit
Heroic Explorer

Yep, still on v25, still having the "drunk" tracking issues where everything lags and I get nauseous after 10 minutes of play.

benfromparis1977
Explorer

Still on V26 on the headset. BUT My PC Oculus application just upgraded this evening : app Oculus 27.0.0.45.507 (27.0.0.45.507). It seems that Link is currently working quite ok (1 crash of application, but no disconnection of Oculus Link without any other clue). I managed to play Star Wars Squadron VR 1h30 🙂 Quest 2 firmware didn't change, only the PC application thanks to the beta canal that I validated in the parameters

Before this upgrade and since the 26th of February, link was unusable (frequent disconnection, maximum 10 minutes OK and more often only 1 to 2 minutes before disconnection ...).

So it seems that V27 version of PC oculus software is good news for Oculus link

jotadesigns
Explorer

V27 is the shame **bleep**, they fixed disconnection yes and now broke refresh rate, you cant get more than 72hz...

Go back to year 2019, goood newss!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Over the course of the last 3 updates my USB bandwidth per the test in the PC software has been getting progressively lower with every software update.

Back on V23 I was getting 3-3.2gbps and performance was great aside from occasional audio distortion at high volume. Now on v27 on the headset and v26 on PC, that was been more than HALVED. I now get 1.3gbps and playing via Link is now noticeably choppy with reduced image quality even on games which are not particularly demanding.

And that is all via the generally more reliable USB-C port on my graphics card. On the motherboard port, I've gone from ~2gbps to LESS THAN 650mbps, which doesn't even meet minimum requirements. I know ASMedia ports can be touchy, but these losses are all 100% down to Oculus software.

Nevermind that the homescreen and certain native games on the headset itself are still stuttering because the GPU is not being ramped up properly, which is an issue now for 3 versions and FB haven't even acknowledged the problem despite it being a very common report, let alone set about fixing it.

The Quest 2 is pretty great hardware guys, but holy moly does your software leave a lot to be desired and recent changes are now actively harming the ability to use that hardware.

EDIT: Link issues are all with the official cable, but my third party cable gives similar results.

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer

Same here. My bandwidth is about 800 MBs... On v25 it was around 2GBs ...

Frankalexandre
Protege

Stuck 72hz still dont fixed from beta and now everyone will get v27? We posted about it almost one month ago when v27 beta was released.

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

blackicon.jpg

After v27 update, icons became black. It's visible though. lol

And Link speed became 2.5Gbps -> 1.2Gbps same as others... 😫

chert1024VR
Protege

My Quest 2 automatically updated to V27 firmware from V26. Now, my official Oculus Link cable is being detected as only a USB 2.0 cable with a bandwidth of only 295 Mbps by the Oculus PC app. Before, with the V26 firmware, my cable was being detected as a USB 3.x cable with a bandwidth of 1.90 Gbps. This V27 headset firmware virtually destroyed my PC VR gaming experience. I can't get a refresh rate higher than 72 Hz and a resolution higher than 1.5x on the PC app since my cable is being detected as only USB2.0. Any way I can revert back to the V26 headset firmware? This is very frustrating and making me very angry.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got my update to V27 on my Quest 1 last night.

Now to test it ..

LapinFou14
Protege

I got the update today. Home menu is always stuttering. I had a lot of tracking issue when playing In Death unchained.

In others words, on my quest2, V27 = more new bugs (tracking issues). 😣😭

I won't put to much effort in complaining, since the devs don't seem to read/take in account their customer feedback.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

OK, my Q1 updated from v25 to v27 today.  Not too sure what happened to v26, maybe it was more of an internal version, who knows?

Anyway, everything looks very good to me.  The home environment seems a little snappier.  YouTube and the Browser seems to scroll much smoother and fonts look a little sharper.  Tried a few mobile VR games and everything seemed work fine.  Actually I thought the loading times on these seemed a little faster and tracking seemed a little more solid.

I'm not using Link right now so I cannot comment on how it works but wireless w/Virtual Desktop worked great.  I played a few Oculus and Steam store games and they all worked very well.

Anyway, so far so good, and it's nice to see my Q1 still getting some love!  Thanks Oculus.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TomCgcmfc 

Have to be honest mines good to ... Had the update last night and no problems this end.

Even link seems very stable with no reported stuttering ?

sniperfox99
Explorer

On version 27 now, and still only getting ~800Mbps with my link cable.

chert1024VR
Protege

After the update to V27 firmware, I'm now getting this error in the device manager whenever I plug in My Quest 2 to the PC using the official Oculus LInk cable :  Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed) - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43). A USB port reset request failed.

I can still use Oculus Link but Oculus Link Home and PC VR gaming is very laggy. The Oculus PC app only detects my cable as USB2.0 with a very low bandwidth of 295 mbps and that's why my settings are limited to a refresh rate of 70 Hz and a resolution of 1.5x. 

With V26 firmware, I had none of these USB errors and problems. My cable was detected as USB3.x with a bandwidth of around 1.8 Gbps and I can set the Oculus PC app to 90 Hz and 1.7x and get smooth PC VR gaming.

Nunyabinez
Rising Star

Happened for me too. I know the sharing is not available on Q1, but I expected the couch to be there, but so far no couch.

benfromparis1977
Explorer

No more link connection error neither with my V27 Quest 2 nor my V27 Quest1

But the USB connection test with USB3 cable tells me that it's about 950Mbit/s instead of 2,2Gbit /s before (I don' 't know if it has real effect since Link is < 400Mbit/s need)

Fangzhou
Adventurer

Tested Oculus Link USB connection speed several times, it is at 700-800Mbps even with USB 3 connection. Tried with different USB port, both USB 3.0 and 3.1, both USB Type A and Type C, all same result. I am using the official Oculus Link cable. If I still try to use the Oculus Link, the connection will break in few minutes and try to reconnect immediately. This cause SteamVR hangs and have to restart game, so I cannot finish any song in Beat Saber now. 

Got Oculus Link connection problem and 100% reproduceable. After connected for few minutes, Oculus Link just disconnected itself and reconnect again, which causing game crash/fail. I cannot finish any song in Beat Saber when connected to a PC now, it is 100% going to crash before I finish a song. 

And what I have mentioned in previous reply, Quest/Quest 2 controller tracking latency significantly increased and unstable after v25, and not fixed in v26, worse in v27. Now even Quest version Beat Saber not 

BTW I tried to use Rift S after that, got controller tracking problem. The controller just hangs in fast movement, also 100% reproduceable. 

Funny fact: now in all the Oculus devices, only Oculus Rift CV1 can be used for Beat Saber (which is a Oculus game). Oculus Quest, Rift S, Quest 2 all sucks for Beat Saber. These devices used to be good, until Oculus Software ruins the experience. 

stargazer19672
Honored Guest

Since update v27 I have no sound on my Quest 1. If I restart it, it comes on again. But when I pick it up later on, the sound has gone again. Anyone else have this problem?

sniperfox99
Explorer

Hmm. On V27 with Quest2. With my Link cable plugged into my motherboard, the test shows 896 Mbps (Previously, id get over 2Gbps). But when i plug the link into my RTX 2070, I'm getting 1.7 Gbps. Does this tell us anything?

Dadbart
Protege

I lost Guardian from this update. Says there was an error and Guardian has been disabled. Numerous restarts and enabling-disabling Guardian does not fix it.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

I needed to re-do my guardian after my Q1 v27 update but no problems since.  Actually everything including Link (with v26 Oculus desktop app) is working very well.  When I first started up Link after this update the Oculus home environment was a bit shaky but after exiting it and re-starting it all was fine.  Thanks to my nice new rtx3090 I'm able to use the highest quality graphics (slider all the way right, 1.3x with Q1) and everything looks very nice.  Best I've seen with Link so far.  Using official Link cable connected to my asus hero xi type-c usb3.1 gen2 port.  I have not bothered to do a speed test since everything is in the green and seems to work well.

I still prefer to use my Q1 wireless w/VD and my Rift cv1 (with 2xSS) for Oculus wired PCVR (esp. flight sims).  Link does seem to be improving all the time so maybe one day I'll be able to retire my good old Rift cv1, lol!

Spyder17
Expert Protege

I have a similar issue.  After update to v27 started getting a Tracking error and that with the tracking off the guardian is disabled.  Got it back by doing a factory reset but I still get the error almost every time I use the headset.  I can now usually get it to clear by doing a reset or powering off and then on.  Been chatting with customer support and they asked if I had updated to version 27.  Seems like there might be a known issue.

Dadbart
Protege

Thanks for the reply. Yes, in the Quest Reddit there are hundreds of posts about Guardian and Link issues after updating to v27. One thing they had me try was setting up Guardian from a different spot in my home. That was the one time it worked yesterday when I did it from a different room, before support suggested that. Reset did not work for me, it came right back as a problem. Restart and power on-off does not work for me either. There is clearly some major issues with this update. Sort of seems there is some kind of corruption of Guardian history going on after the update. I can only imagine all the new users thinking the HMD is broken and submitting for a return.

Diskord23
Honored Guest

This update has made my Q2 fundamentally useless, fix the tracking bugs etc or I will be asking for a full refund very soon

Dadbart
Protege

Agreed, it is widespread. They need to address it quickly and improve QA for future releases if they don't want to lose all the ground they gained to HTC when they release their new wireless HMD. This was really inexcusable due to the level of damage it caused to usability. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

More over-stated complaints imho.  If you are actually having a problem contact Oculus Support.  Complaining/ranting about it here or reddit on a user forum is not very useful imho.

Geesey
Honored Guest

As if the majority of us already haven't done that. If they actually helped fix the problem, there wouldn't be so many widespread complaints. It's stuff like this that ACTUALLY gets them to pay attention.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Na, just more whiney annoying posts from people who either do not have enough pc power for link/wireless or cannot follow simple troubleshooting tips from the Oculus website.  Pretty pathetic imho.

https://support.oculus.com/632181634364535/

Fangzhou
Adventurer

Yes Yes Oculus never had any bug, all bugs caused by customers, lol

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Ya, maybe not all but probably the majority are user errors imho.

Geesey
Honored Guest

You literally don't know that all. I don't know why you assume seeing lots of posts complaining about the same issues automatically means that they are all ignorant. Anyone complaining to the forums have definitely already tried to resolve the issue one way or another to no solution with support especially since it was working flawlessly like two updates ago. But if you would rather constantly complain to the official forums and reddit about people trying to bring awareness about a well spread problem that came with recent updates to the devs then don't go around calling them pathetic just because you aren't dealing with it imho.

Spyder17
Expert Protege

If you had read both Dadbart and my post you will see that we have already contacted customer support.  I have a  ticket submitted and have been working with them.  Tried everything that they suggested and still have the issue.  They are the ones that asked if I had recently update to version 27.  When I replied that I had and that I hadn't had any issues b4 then, silence.  BTY, this isn't related to Link or wireless, just plain crappy update to the headset. imho.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

So most of us, including myself, who have not had any problems with either v25 or v27 are just lucky I guess, lol!

So maybe pathetic is the wrong word, maybe just unlucky, lol!