cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of April 19th, 2021.

Bring Your Desk into VR

• We’ve added the ability to place a virtual desk on your real desk to use while you’re in VR. You can see and use this Desk in the Oculus Home environment.
  • We recommend staying seated while using the Desk.
  • To opt in to this experimental feature, open your universal menu, select Settings, then select Experimental Features. Select Bring Your Desk Into VR to enable your virtual desk.

Pair Your Physical Keyboard with your Quest 2

• We’ve added the ability to pair a Logitech K830 keyboard to your Oculus Quest 2. When you pair your keyboard to your Quest 2, you’ll see a 3D representation of your hands and keyboard within VR for easy text entry and system navigation while in your Home environment.
  • To begin using your K830 keyboard with Quest 2, open your universal menu, select Settings, then select Experimental Features. Select Pair next to Bluetooth Pairing.

Oculus Air Link

• Oculus Air Link allows you to discover and pair your Oculus Quest 2 headset to your Oculus-ready PC over a secure Wi-Fi network.
  • You can opt in to this experimental feature from the Experimental Features section of Settings. Follow the instructions on our support site to set up Oculus Air Link.
  • Note: Air Link is part of v28 but it requires that both your headset and PC be running v28 software. That means we’ll be unlocking Air Link once both Quest and PC v28 releases are rolled out, which will happen soon - but you won’t see Air Link just yet, so stay tuned.

120Hz Support

• 120Hz support is now available on Oculus Quest 2 in an experimental setting. Developers can now ship apps that run at 120Hz, allowing you to experience a higher refresh rate for any app that supports 120Hz when you enable this in Settings.
  • To opt in to this experimental feature, open your universal menu, select Settings, select Experimental Features, then select 120Hz.
  • Keep in mind, it’s up to the developer to provide support for 120Hz. While there aren’t any apps that support 120 Hz just yet, people who turn on this setting will experience 120 Hz performance in apps that choose to support it in the future.
  • This feature may affect battery usage, headset temperature and the visual quality of some system features.

Bug Fixes

• Tracking Improvements
    • Fixed issue where in certain environments, some customers experienced tracking loss.

Please note, the Experimental Features section includes features that are still being developed, so you may encounter anything from minor issues to app crashes.

114 Comments
LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer

All that typing for absolutely nothing little guy.

First of all I never, not once made the case for not hard wiring the pc to router and you can't link where I said such a thing.

My simple statement was "FOR ME" it seemed to be working quite nicely, WHICH IT DID, FOR ME pal!

I never gave "advice" as you claim. I have ALWAYS stipulated that wired is optimal. A distinction lost on you apparently (after our WAY TOO LONG interactions is not a particular surprise).

Getting a hard wired situation was not immediately available to me so just trying it anyway resulted in surprisingly similar performance as with link on my RTX 2070 rig (hardly a **bleep** system as you claimed at one point).

The only thing I noticed while playing some more demanding games was occasional graphics downgrade and latency spikes.

In the mean time I solved my problem as I figured out using an old router in client bridge mode and now have a compliant wired set up (a suggestion someone with knowledge and wasn't a complete **bleep** might have made).

You truly need a Xanax and possibly intervention with your Daddy issues.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@LameDuckWarrior  Thanks for your thoughtful update.  I'm glad you now have the recommended Air Link setup and it's working well for you.  Sorry if I misunderstood what you said earlier.

Kunakai
Protege

No offense Tom, but you tend to post a lot of redundant/uninformative posts. As someone who's had difficulties finding information from people who have used/are using Air Link in this thread I would personally appreciate if they weren't oversaturated with your continuing commentary. 

ovrdoz
Honored Guest

Hello,

I have v28 on my headset and on the pc app, the air link is visible on my headset but not on the app which is in v28, I tried to restart it, fix it, reinstall it, but the air link option in the beta tab of the app is still not visible, does anyone have any idea how I could solve this problem?

thanks

airlinkintrouvable.pngversion.png

CDMDalek
Explorer

My Quest 1 has been great, and I've never had issues. After the v28 update, I turned it on, and today, my right lens has what is called "noisy black". I closed each eye individually, and it's only in the right lens. No scratches or anything. It doesn't do it on starting up with the Oculus logo, and it's mainly when it transitions into opening apps and games. I tried restarting, but it's still there. Not noticeable on bright games, but if I try to watch a movie on Youtube or something with a lot of darks, it's there. I added an image I found online that looks kind of like what I see. Any ideas of how to fix this? Will it just go away? Is it a software bug? It didn't happen until the newest update. I filled out a support ticket, but I'd love to figure this out! Thanks in advance.qscreen.jpg

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@ovrdoz  First thing to do is disable the public beta slider.  After the app updates and restarts hopefully you will see the air link option on the settings/beta tab.  If you do not see it go to your Oculus app desktop settings/account and sign out, and then signin.  Restart the app and hopefully your air link option will appear.  Otherwise, contact Oculus Support.  Good luck and cheers. 

Edit; My french is not so good but that warning looks like your gpu is not compatible.  Some newer ones get that warning but still work.  After restarting non-beta PTC and you still get that message I hope yours will still work as well.

DrGNOLA
Protege

Pretty much this. I had to wait a day for it to show up across all settings, but that was a week ago. I believe it was disabling the beta and/or other settings to reset things (Experimental Settings, etc) is what finally pushed my unit over the line to fully recognize AirLink. Though it may have just been when the rollout hit me, too. As is too common with Oculus updates, who really knows...? Like 3 developers in a cave doing the work, I wager, truly know the answer. Note to Mark: you're a social media giant, for goodness sakes, you can do better if you really expect VR to conquer the world...😀😅

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@CDMDalek  See what Oculus support has to say.  They will probably ask you to do a Factory Reset (google how to do this) and this often helps fix a lot of Q1 issues.  Good luck and cheers.

CDMDalek
Explorer

Thanks! I had thought about doing a factory reset. I had put in a support ticket just in case, but do you advise doing a factory reset? Appreciate the help! I love my Quest.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@CDMDalek  Ya, if I were you I would try a Factory Reset.  Like Windows 10, a good refresh is often very useful once in a while, esp. if you have a lot of problems.  Btw, I still luv my +1yo Q1 too!  Good luck and cheers

ovrdoz
Honored Guest

Thaaaaanks bro, it was the logout and login back who fixed it, the rest didn"t work for me.

CDMDalek
Explorer

Well, I did the factory reset as support suggested... no change, unfortunately. I am really hoping it's a software fix. Or that they can send a new lens or something. I can still play games, but I baby my Quest and want it to be perfect! I really believe in the power of VR and want to use it in different ways in the future. I just don't want a refurbished one or anything... I like mine!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@CDMDalek   Too bad a factory reset did not fix this.  I don't know but it sound like one of your Q1 screens may be faulty.  Work with Oculus support and hopefully they will offer you a replacement.  They do not do repairs or sell spare headset parts so you'll have to accept a refurbished one. 

Don't be put off by this because their refurbished units are just like new imho.  I had a Rift replaced a couple of years ago and it was def good as new (new facepad and not a scratch on it).  It seems to me that very few people complain about Oculus refurbished replacements.  For the most part I think these refurbished units may be extra spares that they ordered beforehand for warranty replacements.  Just note that the warranty on replacement headsets is 3 months, or to the end of your current warranty (whichever takes you out the longest). 

Up to you but if they offer you a refurbished replacement I would take it.  Good luck mate and cheers.

CDMDalek
Explorer

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I am waiting to hear back from them. I hoped it was a software issue. I'd love for them to offer a replacement even though I've had it since day 1. But I am a huge believer in VR and I definitely want it to work perfectly! Thanks for the info.