cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 VR programs

mog-ur
Level 2

I really wonder when many of the existing VR programs like Pompeii, the art programs and a plethora more will be released for the Quest 2.  I'm not a big gamer and I really wish some of the wonderful non-gaming VR experiences which are available for the earlier versions were released for the 2...

6 REPLIES 6

Pixie40
Level 10

Well, congratulations? If it was released on the Quest 1, it's still available for Quest 2. If it's PCVR and you were able to access it, you can still access it on Quest 2. Now with additional options, such as native wireless PCVR.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

It does not appear that Pompeii and a plethora of other programs which were released for the Rift and others have been released for either version of the Quest.  This is my first VR headset so I am somewhat naive and am still learning.  Oh, and what is PCVR?

Pixie40
Level 10

PCVR: Personal Computer Virtual Reality, it's using your desktop computer (or laptop if you do it that way) power the VR experience.

As opposed to the Quest and Quest 2's Stand Alone VR ecosystem.

The Quest and Quest 2 both support Oculus Link, which lets you use a USB-3 cable (with at least one type-c connector) as a teathered PCVR headset. Air Link, which is new, requires a 5g router and lets you use your Quest (now) or Quest 2 as an unteathered PCVR headset. What this means is you have access to Steam's VR library, as well as the Oculus Rift library. Either way, you'll need the Oculus PC app. There's also the Virtual Desktop app, which costs $20 and lets you stream your PC to your Quest or Quest 2 wirelessly. It also lets you stream your PC to your quest over the internet, if you aren't on the same network.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Thanks, that helps a lot!

Tom

P.S.  I have the PC Link cable, I just had not yet figured out what to do with it or how to use it...

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello @mog-ur, thanks for your inquiry! To get your Oculus cable link connected to your PC, simply click here. Should you require additional assistance, feel free to reach out to us at support.oculus.com. 🙂