cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 and Facebook for non facebook user

wonderings
Level 2

I am looking at buying a Quest 2. I have the original Rift and while it was neat being tethered to the computer and not having a large room where my PC is hampered a lot of the VR experience. All the new tech and features in the Quest 2 are very appealing and make it look like it would be something I would use more the my Rift which pretty much collects dust now.

I know Facebook owns Oculus. I am not a Facebook user but have my Oculus account from the Rift. My thoughts were to make a barebones Facebook account just to get me active and working on the Oculus. My question is how dependent it setting up the Quest 2 on Facebook? Is my payment info entered into Facebook? Or could I make a sort of dummy facebook account without any real world info on it and then use my oculus account from my Rift for buying new apps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pixie40
Level 9

As I've said, you might need a Facebook account... but nothing says you have to use it as anything more then a Quest 2 login. Nor are you required to fill in your FB account with every last detail of your life. They want you to do so, but it's not actually a requirement. Nor are you required to use a picture of yourself. They again want you to do that, but it's not a requirement.

Heck, my FB profile says I went to school at "None Of Your Business", which is located in the town of "Why Do You Care". Which, apparently, is in Florida? News to me. My profile pic is a piece of art I did for a superhero character I played years ago in a Heroes Unlimited campaign.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Pixie40
Level 9

As I've said, you might need a Facebook account... but nothing says you have to use it as anything more then a Quest 2 login. Nor are you required to fill in your FB account with every last detail of your life. They want you to do so, but it's not actually a requirement. Nor are you required to use a picture of yourself. They again want you to do that, but it's not a requirement.

Heck, my FB profile says I went to school at "None Of Your Business", which is located in the town of "Why Do You Care". Which, apparently, is in Florida? News to me. My profile pic is a piece of art I did for a superhero character I played years ago in a Heroes Unlimited campaign.

View solution in original post

Good to know! It would be a deal breaker if I needed Facebook beyond just to login. 

Pixie40
Level 9

You do get directed to make a basic profile. But that just needs name and login password. Anything beyond that is entirely optional. Make sure to go through the privacy settings though. They may or may not actually do much, but good to know what they are.