cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 and Steam compatibility

Hugoxl99
Honored Guest
Okay, so I'm new to VR and are looking to buy my first VR headset. And I'm looking at what kind of games you can play with different headsets and on Steam, most games are supported by "Oculus Rift". But I've read that Quest 2 now supports Rift-games via the Oculus Link.

Does this mean that every game on Steam with Oculus Rift-support is also playable with the Quest 2?
7 REPLIES 7

Sp0uny
Adventurer
Hi,
I have only been a quest 2 user for 2 months, but I think the answer to your question is YES. Anyway, all the games I bought on Steam for Rift work with my Quest 2 (Dirt Rally 2.0, Asseto Corsa Competition, Half Life Alyx, The Walking Dead Saints and Sinners).

PITTCANNA
Visionary
Yes but really depends on your computer specs.

Hugoxl99
Honored Guest

PITTCANNA said:

I have an HP Omen 30L with i7-10700k CPU and an RTX 3080 (I also upgraded the computer to 32GB of RAM). If computer power is the bottleneck I think I’m good, but does it have more to do with compatibility of components? 

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Hugoxl99 said:

PITTCANNA said:

I have an HP Omen 30L with i7-10700k CPU and an RTX 3080 (I also upgraded the computer to 32GB of RAM). If computer power is the bottleneck I think I’m good, but does it have more to do with compatibility of components? 

Nvidia has been having driver issues lately.  

I have i7-9600k with rrtx 2080 super and 16 gig ram, some games work great some do not.

Depending on the game the i might use virtual desktop for locked framerates, link is a mixed bag.

KeefTeef
Explorer
It seems to be an absolute crapshoot if it works for you or not. Doesn't for me so returning the POS, I'll maybe consider it again if they ever get their sh*t together

PITTCANNA
Visionary

KeefTeef said:

It seems to be an absolute crapshoot if it works for you or not. Doesn't for me so returning the POS, I'll maybe consider it again if they ever get their sh*t together

What exactly didn't work for you?  Also what was your computer specs?

LovelyJuanita
Honored Guest
i just wanna walking dead unslaught on my quest 2 is it possible