cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 charging question when using elite headband with battery

Texas-Mark
Honored Guest
I have the elite headband with battery. I noticed that when I go to charge (after I power off the headset), the charging LED does not turn on unless I momentarily press the power button. Also, when fully charged and the LED turns green, if I remove the charge cable, the LED stays on until I again momentarily press the power button. Is this normal for when the extended batter is used? I don't; recall it doing that when I was charging the headset directly.

Also, I was trying to ask support this question by submitting a ticket, but when I hit submit it just went to another page and never gave me any confirmation it actually submitted. No e-mail either. This is with Chrome. Is it supposed to confirm it was submitted? 
4 REPLIES 4

aguy10
Heroic Explorer
After you click the submit ticket link you can wait for a few seconds and the live chat icon will appear at the bottom right hand side. The agents knowledge varies from one to the next though.

Edit/add: I timed mine. The led on mine stays on for 1 minute and 40 seconds after I unplug it. And for the light to turn on after I plug it in 1 minute and 50 seconds.

Texas-Mark
Honored Guest
Thanks. I guess that is normal then. I never waited very long to see if it would turn on/off on it's own. The first time it did not come on, I tapped the power button to see what the headset would display and of course since the LED was then on, it would indicate it was charging. That made me think I had to "manually" get it going each time. 

As for the support, I did get the chat thing pop up, but I thought by hitting submit, it was just sending an e-mail.

aguy10
Heroic Explorer
My Elite Strap battery discharged %8 overnight plugged into the headset. I read online other people have the same issue. It's fixed by unplugging it from the headset.

Texas-Mark
Honored Guest

aguy10 said:

My Elite Strap battery discharged %8 overnight plugged into the headset. I read online other people have the same issue. It's fixed by unplugging it from the headset.

Yes, i noticed the same thing. Sort of annoying if you don't use it for a while and it's already partly discharged.