cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 disconnects and reconnects when enabling pc link

DutchyHD
Honored Guest
Hey everyone,

I got my Quest 2 mostly to play VR games on my pc as it supports the link.
I can connect my quest 2 to the PC fine, the oculus program recognizes the link to the quest 2. But when i enable link in the quest 2 hub my pc automatically disconnects and reconnects to the Quest 2. I've updated all my drivers and BIOS, use the latest version of Oculus pc program and VR headset is up to date. I use the official Oculus pc connection cable and a USB C to USB A converter (Delock USB 3.1 Gen 2 Converter), the connection remains stable until i activate the link so i doubt its the adapter. I've done some forum digging and found that it might be a power supply issue. getting a USB hub with ext. power supply helps some people but i thought i'd ask here first. The converter is capped at 1.5A, How much does the link require? I've tried different USB acces points (2.0, 3.0, 3.1 GEN 1 and GEN 2)

PC specs:
MOBO: MSI X470 gaming plus
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3400 Mhz
GPU: AMD RX470
7 REPLIES 7

DutchyHD
Honored Guest
Alright, i saw that the Official cable has a current output of 3A. my coverter of 1.5A is way below that, ill try a connection line with better current output soon.

scadh
Explorer
If it turns out that an underpowered USB port isn't the issue, then check your AMD Radeon software version. The newest version from December 2020 introduced a bug that breaks Oculus link exactly as you have described your issue. Reverting to the version that came out in October 2020 resolves the issue. I can't recollect the exact version number, but it will be 20.10.x something.

raul_barbera
Honored Guest
My Oculus link starts failing yesterday, I'll tried to reinstall and check all the set up options but I can't see VR Steam at Oculus and the last time works fine... I updated AMD Radeon software a few days ago and it would be the problem, I will install the old version and try again today... I was looking for info about that AMD bug but I can't find any information, where did u see it @scadh ? thanks!

raul_barbera
Honored Guest
My current software version is 20.11.2

raul_barbera
Honored Guest
Finally 20.10.1 works perfect, is the last uptdate that works

How do i revert to that version?

How would I go about reverting to that version?