cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 doesn't turn back ON from sleep

electrolics
Honored Guest
Hi

My Oculus Quest 2 doesn't turn back on from sleep, I have to restart it (sometime multiple times to make it work)

issues I am facing after 23v update

1. doesn't turn back on properly from sleep, the controllers don't work
2. if it does, there is no tracking
3. forgets the guardian every time, even if I just take it off and put it back on instantly 
4. stopping it from going to sleep does solve the issue temporarily but that drains battery very fast
5. has shown error messages like "system UI isn't responding" , "process system isn't responding", "bluetooth isn't responding"
6. tried reseting it multiple times through phone, boot menu, no help!

is there any way i can downgrade to older version and try to update again

please help!

thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4

electrolics
Honored Guest
bump.....

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Hi

My Oculus Quest 2 doesn't turn back on from sleep, I have to restart it (sometime multiple times to make it work)

3. forgets the guardian every time, even if I just take it off and put it back on instantly 
4. stopping it from going to sleep does solve the issue temporarily but that drains battery very fast
5. has shown error messages like "system UI isn't responding" , "process system isn't responding", "bluetooth isn't responding"

please help!

thanks in advance

Turning on from sleep is a bit tricky.  I never do it because its not really needed.

Buts here's what you should do:

Stand in the same place you initially put the device into sleep

Put the headset on

then touch the power button to wake up

The problem is that's its trying to find a reference as to where to pick up for tracking, if you are different location or the headset can't get good image as to where it is, the tracking fails because it doesn't know where the headset is.  The cameras are scanning your room, to pick up check points so that it can get a starting point. 

electrolics
Honored Guest

PITTCANNA said:

Hi

please help!

thanks in advance

Turning on from sleep is a bit tricky.  I never do it because its not really needed.

Buts here's what you should do:

Stand in the same place you initially put the device into sleep

Put the headset on

then touch the power button to wake up

The problem is that's its trying to find a reference as to where to pick up for tracking, if you are different location or the headset can't get good image as to where it is, the tracking fails because it doesn't know where the headset is.  The cameras are scanning your room, to pick up check points so that it can get a starting point. 

Hi, thanks for the reply I don't this the issue with this device, I have another Quest 2 working completely fine. I am waiting for v25 update may be that can resolve the issue. 

is there a way to re-flash the firmware?

This didn't work, please help. every single time I put my headset to sleep or even if it goes to sleep by itself it never ever turn back on, I have to press and hold the on button to restart it