cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 in Production?

Digikid1
Level 12
Thought that I would share this video with you guys.  Keep it civil please.

13 REPLIES 13

Kareshi
Level 7
That's what they should so honestly, they killed off the Go, the Quest can do what the Go does and then some. Now with link, the Quest (aside from the 72Hz, Pentile screen and 4 cameras) is "basically a rift" - Mark 
So just kill off Rift and go the Nintendo way, a hybrid headset and we good.

Zenbane
Level 15

That's what they should so honestly, they killed off the Go, the Quest can do what the Go does and then some. Now with link, the Quest (aside from the 72Hz, Pentile screen and 4 cameras) is "basically a rift" - Mark 
So just kill off Rift and go the Nintendo way, a hybrid headset and we good.

While this does sound good on paper, or in theory, in practice it's a much different animal. GO has an entire Mobile Library that does not exist in the Quest Library. Which is why Oculus openly asked the Dev's to work on porting things over. Quest's current Library is quite minuscule, and they were only able to help with that by piggy-backing off of the Rift's Library. However, this only goes so far since many Quest users will NOT have a VR-capable PC; it's the very reason they purchased a Quest over a Rift in the first place.

I think most agree that a true Hybrid device is the next logical step. But how this is executed will either make or break Oculus as a VR competitor.

RedRizla
Level 15
Hope it's comfortable this around and not a workout for my face. They say where there's no pain there's no gain, but I didn't gain anything from having a front heavy headset on my face. 😛

PhoenixSpyder
Level 8
Still using my Rift CV1....solely for development presently. My O+ has 'literally' been collecting dust up to the end of June due to the crappy controllers...it's boxed up for now (until I can replace the controllers HP will release later). Just put my VR system back together at my new place...bought and moved there for the past month or so...so I've been away from everything including development, which seems like eternity. Unless Oculus pulls a miracle HMD out of the hat...my money is on the new Reverb G2 (seems like the best step before Gen2)...and whatever the new flagship Ti is going to be called come Sept...later this year

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0