cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 makes noises

MichelGj
Level 2

My Quest 2 makes noises like an electric toothbrush when in use.

The Quest 2 was only delivered yesterday and I don't know what to do.

I hope you can help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

NorbertNoBacon
Level 3

Mine was noisy when I bought it, it turned out to be the fan being on constantly, which at the time I thought was normal operation. However, it bricked only a week later and kept warning it was overheating as soon as I turned it on and then force closed, so was unusable. I got mine via Amazon so they replaced it immediately. They're fairly silent under normal use, this was especially noticeable when I got the replacement. The build quality of these devices is questionable at best, to keep prices down. Depending on where you got it either wait to see if it actually fails or send it back for a replacement now if you're not happy. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NorbertNoBacon
Level 3

Mine was noisy when I bought it, it turned out to be the fan being on constantly, which at the time I thought was normal operation. However, it bricked only a week later and kept warning it was overheating as soon as I turned it on and then force closed, so was unusable. I got mine via Amazon so they replaced it immediately. They're fairly silent under normal use, this was especially noticeable when I got the replacement. The build quality of these devices is questionable at best, to keep prices down. Depending on where you got it either wait to see if it actually fails or send it back for a replacement now if you're not happy. 

View solution in original post

MichelGj
Level 2

Thank you for your quick reply. I bought it on Amazon France and will wait a few more days before sending it back.