cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 missing Library

Jh3tski
Honored Guest
I recently bought a quest 2. During its first use I bought two games, SuperHot and BeatSaber, both from the quest 2's headset store while not linked to my PC. After a short duration of playtime, I plugged the quest 2 into my pc to charge while I played. However, once I unplugged my quest from my pc the standalone library is empty. Both of my games seem to have been moved to the "rift platform" (again, they were both bought and installed with the quest headset itself) and can only be launched via my pc with the headset linked. Im not to sure entirely what the problem is, nor why the store is not once entity across these platforms, but I would love it to be resolved so I can continue to play my games unlinked from my pc. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Crazy_Sane
Superstar

If you can still run them they must still be there. Try turning the headset off and on. And I don't mean putting it to sleep. Hold down the power button for 4 seconds, then select reset or power off. And make sure it's not plugged into your PC.

There are two stores because there are two very different sets of software. As you mentioned, one store for Rift that installs games on you PC and one for Quest that installs Android based games on your headset. I've not heard of any instance where games have moved from one to the other before.

One way to check which store the games were bought from is to go into your purchase history. You can do this by logging into the Oculus website, click on the drop-down arrow next to your avatar and select 'Orders'.

All of the software will be listed, unfortunately it's not immediately clear from the list, which store software was ordered from, you have to click on each order in turn and that then takes you to the store page for that purchase. The store page will show Rift or Quest highlighted along the top.

I think Oculus could improve the stores with better indication on the store pages when ordering, asking for an additional confirmation that the purchaser really does want the Rift or the Quest version of the software. I think there also needs to be clearer indication of whether the software is cross-buy before and during the purchase process.