cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 right controller constantly blinks and not tracking

KurtcoBain94
Explorer
My Quest 2 controller stopped working after a week. I was playing beat saber through Virtual Desktop and my right controller suddenly lost tracking and just flew away. LED on my controller constantly blinks every second when paired. When I wear the headset left controller vibrates and turns on but the right just starts blinking until it goes to sleep or I switch it to pairing mode. Sometimes if i spam the oculus button it resets the position in the headset. I even had a few times when controller vibrated and appeared in my headset for a few seconds and then flew away. I've tried re-pairing both controllers, switched batteries, I've done factory reset at least 4 times. Nothing helps. I've contacted the oculus support they offered me a controller replacement but I live in the unsupported country and I've ordered my quest from Amazon.
18 REPLIES 18

Lucky_66
Honored Guest
congratulations. you're just as fucked as i am.

Right controller broken (own fault), no replacement possible. Now the left Cotroller also still spins.

Very nice work Oculus 😞

HunterKiller13
Explorer
make sure you use the correct battery strength of at least 1.5.  

KurtcoBain94
Explorer

make sure you use the correct battery strength of at least 1.5.  

All of the batteries I've tried are 1.5v. They work perfectly in the left controller.

diezombie
Honored Guest
Hey, looks like i fit in right here...  blinks 3 times fast twice then 3 long blinks?  tried different batteries and everything under the sun to fix it?

KurtcoBain94
Explorer

diezombie said:

Hey, looks like i fit in right here...  blinks 3 times fast twice then 3 long blinks?  tried different batteries and everything under the sun to fix it?

Mine just blinks every second constantly. What you describing is SOS in morse code. I saw some posts about it, i think just re-pairing the controller from the oculus app should help(if you haven't done it already).

westsideboi
Honored Guest

This is exactly the same as mine. Replaced the batteries played beat saber for a while then suddenly the right controller stopped working just like how you described it. Did you find a way to fix it?

I've tried a million things but nothing worked. I'm pretty sure that the controller is defective. In the end I just sent it back for replacement. The interesting thing that when a replacement arrived I've noticed that the image in the new headset was clearer. So not only my controller was defective but the lenses too. Maybe I'm just very unlucky. I suggest you to send it back if you still can, I really doubt that this problem is fixable unless your issue is different.

KurtcoBain94
Explorer

It died again. On my new headset just a few minutes ago. I had it for 4 months without any problem and it's just died exactly the same way as my previous controller did. And this time I can't even return it. I'm so done with that headset.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the exact problem. 😞