cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 unable to pair xbox one controller

Robnmish
Honored Guest
I have tried 3 of my controllers and all of them show paired on the phone app, when i click pair with the headset on it continually goes from connecting to not connected. Just back and forth and the xbox controller is blinking slowly as if it is unable to connect.
36 REPLIES 36

Supersonnig
Honored Guest
Hy.
once i was able to bind one of two controllers. .. but then never again. I am extremely annoyed. is the customer beta tester again ...
it is exactly the same with the screen mirroring. it didn't work a single time.

kojack
MVP
MVP

is the customer beta tester again ...

When you are in the headset Bluetooth pairing is under the Experimental Features section with a warning of "Try the latest experimental features. These features may break, change or be removed at any time".
It's not finished, it's an in-development feature.
The mobile app doesn't convey that unfortunately. I didn't even know the app had pairing, I just do it in the headset.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

rtathegawd84
Protege
I've used my Xbox one S controller and it worked. then next time I tried it wouldn't reconnect. so I removed it (forget device). tried another few times with the pairing process and it worked again.

ScottyBot
Explorer
My condolences to all the people who did a factory reset: 
https reddit /r/OculusQuest/comments/jlb8la/potential_fix_for_xbox_gamepad_not_pairing_with/ (post links blocked) 
Additionally, please enter a support ticket for this issue, as they have been blowing smoke up my arse for a month now.. 

BananaApple
Honored Guest

kojack said:

None of my Xbox One controllers have bluetooth (that was a later feature, the first models didn't have it) so I can't test, but my Dual Shock 4 controller seems to pair with the Quest 2 fine.

Do you have the steps you took to get the DualShock 4 (PS4 controller) working on the Quest 2? I've tried it, but the iOS  app Oculus app didn't find my controller no matter how long I waited, and I connect my controller to this iOS device all the time. 

This got me on the right path, so thanks for the help. It didn't entirely solve the issue. What fixed it for me was disabling pass through, hand tracking, and resetting all experimentals and then rebooting. It paired first time after that despite being very troublesome prior.

I just got my controllers to sync again by turning off hand tracking and passthrough.  They worked in the past and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get any of them working.  Thanks for the tip.   Passthrough is re-enabled and the controller is still working btw.  Now I can play my PC games in a virtual movie theater once again!