Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Build 256550.6170.0 Release Notes

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
  • Various performance improvements
  • Updated Guardian sensitivity to be more in line with Rift
If you encounter any issues with this software release, please reach out to customer support. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
135 REPLIES 135

Spuzzum
Level 9

Yza said:

Never had so many tracking issues like in the recent update (freezing controller & whole tracking/guardian). I think the IR exposure is wrongly set (I often see overexposured passthrough video even while being indoor with shaded windows) - should be dynamically changed to sustain changes in lighting/weather. Also the guardian grid show way too late - I already hit a wall with my fists because I couldn't see any guardian net at all! Can't wait for the next update - hope it solves some of the issues.

Your gaurdian's not popping up properly? Strange...most people with the Quest say it pops up way too early, as compared to the Rift. In Beat Saber, it pops up by the speed you're swinging the controller, even if you aren't even close to it, as compared with the Rift and external sensors, where it pops up as you touch it. But if you're punching walls before it pops up...then you're setting it too close to your walls to begin with. I give myself a 2' barrier between the actual walls and where I paint my boundary. That way...if I happen to be in full swing as the guardian pops up, I'm not going to hit anything. That...and it's hard to stop momentum when you're half way through a swing or punch when the guardian does pop up. That 2' barrier saves your walls...and tv's. 😛

cforcalvin
Level 3

fl4shb1c said:

The standing guardian is way too small. I am not a tall person, only 1.6 mtr but when I extend my arms they are outside the guardian. Very anoing while playing. Please make it bigger.

Yeah, when using standing/sitting guardian, they need to disable the hand controllers triggering the boundary. I started disabling the guardian if I'm standing/sitting to stop the "blue wall of death" interrupting my play.

well, if you think about it- there really doesn’t need to be a standing/sitting guardian at all. quest just needs to have a guardian on and guardian off (3dof mode) , and that’s it. you dont plan on moving around? you wanna watch a movie in the dark? turn off guardian- done.

cforcalvin
Level 3

enigma01 said:

diomark said:

Someone on reddit received v256550.6810.0 - but I don't see that on here (?) is there a changelist?

Just left my Quest on sleep for an hour untouched then restarted and noticed I too have v256550.6810.0. Would be great if the Oculus phone app, or a pop on on the headset display informed of updates and what the release notes are!

Our most recent update contains improvements to tracking which also makes Guardian even more precise.

did you guys fix the guardian off bug yet? instead of improving an almost flawless guardian, i think some resources could be spent on fixing the looming bug in developer mode (guardian off doesn’t stay off, coming out of sleep mode). please talk to a PM about upping the priority if it’s already a ticket- this fix needs to happen regardless of the upcoming lights out mode.

Spuzzum
Level 9

enigma01 said:

diomark said:

Someone on reddit received v256550.6810.0 - but I don't see that on here (?) is there a changelist?

Just left my Quest on sleep for an hour untouched then restarted and noticed I too have v256550.6810.0. Would be great if the Oculus phone app, or a pop on on the headset display informed of updates and what the release notes are!

Our most recent update contains improvements to tracking which also makes Guardian even more precise.

did you guys fix the guardian off bug yet? instead of improving an almost flawless guardian, i think some resources could be spent on fixing the looming bug in developer mode (guardian off doesn’t stay off, coming out of sleep mode). please talk to a PM about upping the priority if it’s already a ticket- this fix needs to happen regardless of the upcoming lights out mode.

Enable developer mode in the Oculus app on the phone, then go into settings on the Quest, then select 'all', then 'developer' on the side panel...then deactivate the Guardian. You have to do it every time you reboot, but that's a safety feature, so you're going to have to physically disable it each time.

VRSnoopy
Level 2
So this is not the update that is corresponding to 1.39 for Rift S, or is it?

When is that one coming? I need that improvement in tracking! 🙂

Javelin396
Level 5

So this is not the update that is corresponding to 1.39 for Rift S, or is it?

When is that one coming? I need that improvement in tracking! 🙂

it is not