cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Charging Very Slowly

SecretVVeapon
Explorer
I've been waiting all day for support to get back to me, so in the mean time, if anyone can help, that'd be awesome. I got a Quest yesterday, played it once, charged it, then later on played it a second time. After the second time, I plugged it in to charge and after 2 hours, it didn't budge. It started charging at 31% and was there 2 hours later. I tried different outlets, flipping the wires, rebooting the device, and whatever else I could think of. The orange light is on saying its charging. I ended up using it again anyway down to 14% charge.

I got the Quest as a birthday present to myself because I've been dealing with a lot of stuff and wanted an escape from all that. It worked too. It was wonderful, but now it's seeming to be too good to be true. I hope this ends up being an easy fix because I really don't want to go all the way back to the retailer, replace it, then download everything back again.

Anyway, I went to sleep and woke up about 5 hours later. In that time, it actually went up to 29% but that's still ridiculously slow. I know it shouldn't be that slow because it went much faster that very first time. Only took a few hours to get from about 12% to full. Well, any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
12 REPLIES 12

RHunterr
Expert Protege
There's several threads here on issues with charging the Quest. Take a look through them and see if any of the solutions people have discovered work for you.
My Quest was having intermittent charging issues the first couple of days, but the last 2-3 days it seems to be charging normally.

SecretVVeapon
Explorer

RHunterr said:

There's several threads here on issues with charging the Quest. Take a look through them and see if any of the solutions people have discovered work for you.
My Quest was having intermittent charging issues the first couple of days, but the last 2-3 days it seems to be charging normally.

Thank you! I only saw one post with no replies. I'll have to keep digging. Thanks for the help.

RunzWithGunz
Honored Guest
Despite the other poster, this is the only thread that describes my problem exactly. OP, were you able to find a solution?

SecretVVeapon
Explorer

Despite the other poster, this is the only thread that describes my problem exactly. OP, were you able to find a solution?

Yeah. Return it. Lol. For real though. I just returned mine to best buy but they were out of stock. Walmart finally got some in luckily and I got one from them. It works fine. I figured it would be better to go get a new one asap rather than wait a week or two for support to get back to me telling me I'd need a new one.

SecretVVeapon
Explorer
I know that sucks, but get it over with sooner and you'll be fine. I just recommend doing a factory reset from your oculus app first to remove your account and any credit card info etc. The other thing that sucks is you'll have to redownload any games and restart progress, but if you had a faulty quest like me, you probably didn't get very far anyway. Good luck.

Beefman2008
Honored Guest
same here

xxx_tyrin_xxxVR
Honored Guest
My oculus has been on a charger for the past 3 days and is only 31 percent could some one please help thank you

michael_reddy_7
Honored Guest
yeah ima return mine and get the rift if i cant fix it

michael_reddy_7
Honored Guest
the quest is a all over vr set it just cant handle as much as id like it to