cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go Build 13.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of February 3, 2019.

*Update 2/4/2020 2:55pm - Added section for Oculus Link changes.

Oculus Link

• You now have the ability to reset your guardian from within Dash while using Oculus Link.
  • A button to enable Oculus Link has been added to the Quest system menu bar.
  • Fixed an issue where audio was only audible when Dash was present.
  • Fixed an issue where Home would not load when enabling Oculus Link.
  • Fixed an issue where audio would only work for some users if it was set to 100%.
  • Fixed an issue so you can now replay a video you've recorded for abuse reporting purposes before submitting it, while running Oculus Link.
  • Performance and stability updates.
Hand Tracking

• When switching from Hand Tracking to using controllers, you can now more easily find your controllers by enabling Passthrough
  • We’ve added an option to enable automatic transitioning between hand tracking and controllers
  • We’ve added a new step to the Hand Tracking Tutorial that will allow you to practice scrolling with your hands
  • Remote rendering support for Unity has been added so developers can more easily build and test Hand Tracking apps through their PC
  • Improved Hand Tracking stability

Events

• You can now start a party direct from a live event’s detail page to help you and your friends get into the event together more efficiently.
  • We’ve made improvements to the Oculus Event Invite feature.
    • Event hosts can now allow guests to invite their own friends.
    • Viewing a developer-created event will now allow you to view a list of all your friends who have indicated that they are interested in the event.
    • Viewing a user-created event will now allow you to view a list of all users who have indicated that they are interested in the event as well as all users who have been invited to the event, similar to Events pages on Facebook.
    • You can control whether or not you appear as part of the above invited or interested lists via the "Who can see your activity on Oculus" privacy setting.

Search

• Updated app search appearance and behavior. Please note that we are testing this new look and feel with a limited group, so some users may continue to see the old version.

System Apps

• A new app called Scoreboards will allow you to see how your achievement and leaderboard accomplishments compare to your friends’. Please note that this feature is rolling out slowly to all users, so you may not see it right away.
  • The storage manager has received a makeover! A new look and some updated descriptions will allow you to have a better understanding of your device’s storage use.
  • User profiles have been updated to show the apps that you own, your achievements, and your friends.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug with party invitations, making it no longer possible to invite a user to a party that they are already in.
  • Fixed a bug related to app downloads that caused the headset to stop responding
  • Made the process of launching an app after switching from hand tracking to controllers more efficient.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused app purchase button text to be displayed oddly.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a "Tracking Lost" when waking the headset up from a sleep state.
  • Fixed a bug where avatar thumbnails would sometimes not update in all locations after a change was made.
  • (Oculus Go) Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the display to lock up when waking the headset up from sleep.
  • Additional bug fixes and stability improvements.
210 REPLIES 210

chatzimichail
Honored Guest
Oculus software team needs to synchronize the updates.To my understanding Link requires both PC App and Quest to run at same version. It's unreasonable  not only to launch the updates in waves but also to not allow manual updates.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
So I got around to trying Link tonight. I was still on v12 of the PC software, so I opted into the PTC and installed v14 (14.0.0.66.710). After updating, restarting the Oculus service, updating drivers, and restarting the Oculus service again, I turned on my Quest, plugged in Link, and hit Enable. It worked on the first try (I'm using an Encode Resolution Width of 2352, as recommended for GTX 1070+).

After disconnecting using the new button on the Dash bar, I couldn't reconnect--Quest would say that the PC was not detected, and unplugging/replugging the Link cable didn't do it. (This has happened regularly for me since Link released--works the first time, doesn't always reconnect.) I had to unplug, turn off the Quest, turn it back on, and replug to get it to work again. After that, I was able to disconnect and reconnect successfully using the menu bar buttons.

I also have the banner message on the PC software saying to update my Quest, but I think that's just a default message whenever the versions mismatch. They should probably update that to reflect the fact that PTC v14 works with Quest v13.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its a shame i cant give any link or video, thats fucking dumb, it was proof that the link feature tries to start on my gpu, pushing 1 second to 100%, but suddenly just doesnt run, its a 100%-1%-100% loop basically, only when trying to run the link since last update.... My gpu is Titan XP latest driver, cpu Ryzen 3700X , Link was working perfectly fine way before this last massive FLOP update
As you can see, The 

enigma01
Trustee

To my understanding Link requires both PC App and Quest to run at same version. It's unreasonable  not only to launch the updates in waves but also to not allow manual updates.

Clearly not as I’m on 13 on headset and 14 on PC and Link works fine. So it appears to me that the PC software version needs to be the same as or greater than the Quest software version. 

kichsolo
Honored Guest
Works fine with 3-d party cable (anker). Quest on 13. PC Software on beta channel - 14.

fanaticone
Explorer

kichsolo said:

Works fine with 3-d party cable (anker). Quest on 13. PC Software on beta channel - 14.

Same cable and versions, but for me dont working.

MrBMT
Expert Protege
Edit: Derp, misread. Ignore this.
ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 & Thunderbolt 3 Add-in card, i7 7700k, 64GB RAM, GTX 1080Ti, 13TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro
Oculus Quest v13 Update, Official Oculus Link Headset Cable

RegiDes
Honored Guest
Hi, how does Remote rendering for Unity work? And what would be the steps to get it working? Thanks

Lujho
Expert Protege
Can anyone work out what this is about?

"When switching from Hand Tracking to using controllers, you can now more easily find your controllers by enabling Passthrough"

I'm mucked around switching between hands and controllers and can't seem to activate passthrough in this manner at all. 

dlamboy
Explorer
Same issue here. 

I recognized issues witrh broken connection to PC since yesterday (No update on Oculus Quest or Windows 10 desktop App then ... but it just started). 
So today I struggled again with this issue finding out, that all of a sudden my Oculus Desktop app keeps claiming I use a 2.0 cable. Just all of a sudden. This cable worked since 2 weeks just fine. 

So I had to restart the Quest and suddenly it updated to V13. (auto update on, my fault). 
Software on desktop remained V12. (best job ever rolling out a patch here ... who decides to creates inconsitencies between rollouts and versions?)

So in some cases my cable got recognized  as USB3.0 again, but a Software update was required. 
I read many articles and found out the PTC solution and the lowering down of the Resolution width. 

So I set my Resolution width to 2784 in Debug Tool. 
Updated to PTC V14 on desktop. 
Rebooted my PC.
Shut down my Quest and restarted. 

Then found out I seem to have damaged USB C Port on the quest that only allows me to plug in the cable with Quest faced in a specific position ... fun part ... when you move it around then, the USB3.0 connection remains ... so the loose contact on the port is pretty strange. I would think of it would loose contact while moving, which it doesnt ... only while plugging in it has that issue, but okay. 
Also what was strange was, that even with a 2.0 connection the Data Connection to the PC (so accessing the storage of Android) should be possible, right? This also did not happen anymore. Usually it asks for this as well.

I get the option to activate link again ... it switches to a short black screen and goes back to Quests home screen again. 
Reproducable all time. 

EDIT: The thing is ... I can workaround with Virtual Desktop and play on Wireless. But since some Games require a cable connection over Link (Like the actual Walking Dead Game) it is not practical for all cases. 
Also the Virtual Desktop connection creates jitters which make playing less comfortable as with a stable data stream over link. 
So guys I see this issue of the version mismatch is not just 4 hours ago. What is going to happen here? Will you maybe match versions and bring it to a stable connection again? 

New EDIT: I did an additional test. Oculus software claimed the cable connection to be USB 2.0. 
I restarted my PC, as soon as WIndows came up, Link connection was suggested. Still got thrown back to Oculus Quest home, bit without touching my cable it now connected as USB 3.0.

I would really like to test more with an official LINK cable, if you would offer this to all regions. But in Germany I do not get one :wink:

So it gets quite more confusing