And you turn off automatic updates in the oculus
app on your phone under settings, then advanced settings
I opened the app (iOS). Switched to Settings. Touched on my Headset in the app. Selected "More Setting" or how this is called in english.
There I have:
- an Option to setup the way to unlock the headset
- change language
- reset to defaults
- TurnOn/TurnOff settings
- Advanced settings, where I just can change the tracking frequency and turn on or off the automatic upload of crash reports
- Informations of the headset
- and at last: Initial headset setup
Nothing about automatic firmware updates.
its in the app on the pc,
- Open the Oculus app on your PC.
- Select Settings in the left menu.
- Select the Beta tab.
- Next to Public Test Channel, click to enrol.
Once you've enrolled in the Public Test Channel, you can choose to leave at any time by returning to the Beta section of the Oculus app and clicking next to Public Test Channel.
What exactly has this to do with my question "how to disable automatic firmware updates?"
My bad....dont know about ios. Im android.
Quest headset + link was working 100% with v12/v12 last night, PC app auto updated to v13 this morning without my knowledge then link was busted when I finally got free time to play... After some troubleshooting, I updated the headset to also v13 from in the "About" section on the headset and to match v13 on the PC app and it still doesn't work... black screen with three white dots, but I can hear audio in the link/rift home room when i press buttons, no video however.I am just overwhelmed they broke this.
- Unplug your Oculus Quest.
- Open OculusDebugTool.exe (by default, in C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics)
- Under the Oculus Link section make sure that "Encode Resolution Width" is set to 2784 or less.
- Reboot your PC.
- Reboot your Oculus Quest.
- Plug your Oculus Quest in to your PC.
- When the Enable Link? Popup shows, click Enable. Hopefully it'll now work.Oculus broke Rendering Resolutions they recommended previously (which causes the symptoms you described there) with the v14 Beta PC Software, perhaps they broke it with v13 PC software too?If it fixes it, please let me know. @Slayerjerman