Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go / Gear VR Build 10.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Casting

We’ve made the following updates and enhancements to casting features:

• Quest now supports all generations of Chromecast as well as some Chromecast built-in devices (NVIDIA SHIELD TV, Google Home Hub, and some smart TVs).
  • You can now start a casting session in-VR, as an alternative to using the Oculus Mobile app. To do so, select Sharing > Cast and choose the device you want to cast to.
  • Chromecast latency, connection stability and picture quality have all been improved.
  • Feedback when a casting connection is established or broken has been improved.

Notification Preferences
  • We’ve made some improvements to notification preferences from in-VR to clarify that the preference set in the headset are different from those set in the mobile application.
    • To access your notification settings in-VR, select Settings > Notifications and adjust the toggles to reflect your settings preferences for each notification type.

Settings
  • We’ve made improvements to the in-VR settings that allow you to better personalize your VR experience.
    • To access your settings in-VR, select Settings and adjust the toggles to reflect your preferences.

New Experiments

This section includes new features we’re testing for future releases. You can opt-in to experimental features by selecting Settings > Experiments in-VR. Please note, the experiments section includes features that are still being developed, so you may encounter anything from minor-issues to app-crashes.

• On Quest, you can now see when your friends beat your high score in games like Beat Saber. You’ll be able to see these updates in the Oculus mobile app, as well as in-VR.
  • On Quest, you can now see a curated set of trending and popular videos of people playing games on Quest.
  • On Quest, you can now see a list of the “The Best 5” of a certain type of content, such as the “The Best 5 Sports Games, The Best 5 Games to Break A Sweat, The Best 5 Apps for the Weekend, etc.

Miscellaneous
  • We’ve made system updates that improve performance when running some applications.
  • We’ve created new icons and optimized our iconography for consistency, improved performance and enhanced readability.
85 REPLIES 85

jacobite1958
Honored Guest
Anyone else having Audio issues in party mode my brother and I can talk to each other in oculus apps but as soon as we enter a game of slightly heroes for example we lose the.audio connection so we can't give each other the room code same with other games .Advice Welcome thanks.

SpeckTonix
Explorer
PLEASE ADD BLADE AND SORCERY ON THE OCULUS QUEST PLEEASE!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't find the Experiment tab, and where is Bluetooth now ?????

SirMarshall
Protege
Just updated, and now I can't play imported video on win 10 (codec error)!!! 

lamkphung
Honored Guest
Updated to version 10, casting is easier, sound delay is still there but better, but lost Guardian setting many times; have to reset it a few times. Anyone have the same problem?

vargablood
Expert Protege

Can't find the Experiment tab, and where is Bluetooth now ?????

You need to restart the hmd once more after the update. then those settings will return... had the same issue xD

RebelRising
Honored Guest

lenne0815 said:

Where is the wifi patch goddamnit ?

Yobiwan29
Adventurer
I have to configure the Guardian everyday since this update. The ground is too high or too low each time I put the headset
Oculus Quest 2 & 3 - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i9 9900K - 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - RTX 3080

motorsep
Rising Star
Fingers crossed, I haven't had any issues since updating to 10. Basically, what I did was click on manual update, then restarted HMD, updated, restarted again and it was good to go. I didn't have to re-enable Dev Mode, Unknown Sources never disappeared, guardian is still as it was before the update.

I don't quite understand how people get so many issues. Do you guys even restart after update is done ?

MountainDog12
Protege
New icons are horrible IMO, as are the last updated battery status. Why is Oculus fixing what isn't broken & ignoring things that could be improved upon?