cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go / Gear VR Build 12.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Oculus Link
  • AMD GPUs are now supported! Please see the Oculus Link Compatibility Guide for more details.
  • We have separated the system audio from VR audio so that you'll only hear VR game audio while using Link, instead of hearing game and desktop audio together.
  • The Oculus Debug Tool now supports changing Oculus Link graphics settings.
  • General performance improvements and stability fixes.
  • Known issues:
    • In order to use Oculus Link, your PC software and Quest software must have matching version numbers. During this rollout, you may receive the v12 update on your Quest before you receive the PC v12 update, or vice versa. If you receive the PC v12 update before the Quest v12 update, you will need to wait until you receive the Quest v12 update before Oculus Link will work again. However, if you receive the Quest update first and are anxious to use Oculus Link again, you are welcome to opt into the PTC on PC to get to v12 more quickly. Please note that when v13 PTC rolls out, you will need to opt back out of the PTC and to stay on v12 and retain compatibility. The team is working hard to improve this experience so that this will not be an issue during future rollouts. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding!
    • The microphone has been temporarily disabled. We are working to re-enable it in a future software update.

Casting
  • New features built on top of phone casting will allow you to better guide someone else through their first VR experience while casting from the headset to your phone. For example, while your friend is wearing the headset, you can act as “tour guide” for them using several new options to do things like launch the Oculus First Steps tutorial or reset the headset view.

Store
  • In-VR app description pages, including the reviews section, have been updated with a new design.
  • You can now add a payment method in VR (PayPal and credit card) if you have not previously set up a payment method on your account in the mobile app.

Per-app Privacy Settings
  • We launched a new way for you to choose the types of information that individual apps can share on the platform about your use of those apps, like achievements. Under privacy settings in the Oculus app, you can access a full list of apps you have installed. You can turn off sharing for individual apps, so that app won’t share your activity, like achievements, or your status anywhere on Quest.

App Permissions Manager
  • We have developed a new interface within the Settings menu that lists all of your installed applications and their associated permissions. It allows you to filter apps by permission type and adjust each permission.

Search
  • Search will now live update the results as you type.

Voice Commands (Beta)
  • Use your voice to navigate, control your device, and find new apps and games by clicking the Voice Commands button on the Home menu. This beta feature is rolling out gradually, so not everyone will see it in this software update.

New Experiments

This section includes new features we’re testing for future releases. You can opt-in to experimental features by selecting Settings > Experiments in-VR. Please note, the experiments section includes features that are still being developed, and so you may encounter anything from minor-issues to app-crashes.

• Hand Tracking - Use your hands as an additional input method for navigation and controls in the Home environment and some Oculus applications. After opting-in via Settings > Experiments, you will be able to view a tutorial on how to use hand tracking. This tutorial will also be available in your Library.
Social
  • New social features powered by Facebook – Starting today, when you choose to log into Facebook from Oculus, you’ll be able to access new social features that make it easier for you to connect with other people, including:
    • Chats, so you can message your Oculus friends in or out of the headset with quick responses to hop into games together
    • Join your friends in VR directly from any device with links that open to where your friends are within an app, and see the most popular destinations where people are playing in VR
    • User-created Events, so you can organize meetups or multiplayer games with friends
    • Share photos, videos, and livestreaming to Facebook, allowing you to share your favorite moments to Facebook Groups from VR
    • Parties that any of your Oculus friends can join (previously parties were only invite-only)
    • Messenger friends can easily join you in VR when you send them links to join you where you’re playing
  • We’re updating the Oculus Privacy Policy to clarify that these social features are also provided by Facebook. The updated Privacy Policy clarifies how Oculus data is shared with Facebook to inform ads when you log into Facebook on Oculus.
145 REPLIES 145

Anonymous
Not applicable
Someone help! My Oculus software update on PC hasn't showed up yet and I've repaired and reinstalled multiple times! Is there any way I can update my quest backwards? My quest is on v12 and oculus software is v1.43. If I can't update backwards is there anything I can check to make sure nothing is interfering with me receiving the update? Or do I just have to wait? Is this normal for it to take this long?

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Shrekguy said:

Someone help! My Oculus software update on PC hasn't showed up yet and I've repaired and reinstalled multiple times! Is there any way I can update my quest backwards? My quest is on v12 and oculus software is v1.43. If I can't update backwards is there anything I can check to make sure nothing is interfering with me receiving the update? Or do I just have to wait? Is this normal for it to take this long?

You can opt in to the PTC on the PC software (settings/beta) to get up to v12. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

eL_Dud3
Honored Guest

eL.Dud3 said:

Casting from my Quest to my Samsung Note 10+ is terrible. Disconnects after working for 10s or so. Have turned off the quest's and phone's auto-sleep function, restarted both oculus and phone. Allowed Oculus app to work on background... No luck. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. 

OK, answering my own post. Tried casting to my 2016 ipad, and connection was stable. So the problem lies with my Samsung or android. 

MattC2510
Explorer

nalex66 said:

Shrekguy said:

You can opt in to the PTC on the PC software (settings/beta) to get up to v12. 

I done that but seems to be In some sort of update loop and cannot find audio on my Quest headset and link no longer works.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I had that issue - did a reboot of Headset & PC and it seemed to sort everything out.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

MattC2510
Explorer

JD-UK said:

I had that issue - did a reboot of Headset & PC and it seemed to sort everything out.

is that a factory reset?

PC is acting weird at the moment, Google chrome not keeping me logged into site even when i shut down computer and turn back on like i normally do, signed out of sites like Facebook, twitter, youtube.

Updated to latest Nvidia graphics drivers and now computer is telling me Nvidia Control panel is missing on startup on pc

Update loop with Oculus PC desktop app.

DaSpic
Honored Guest
since the update the ipd constantly displays and is very obstructive. is there any way to disable it? it acts like the slider is loose when it is in fact very stiff. please help

MattC2510
Explorer
Desktop app successfully updated to v12 after a few attempts, had the Quest unplugged, opted in to PTC and it let it do its thing. It's still telling me audio is missing from the headset even though it sounded fine to me when playing boneworks.

Just need to work out now why my PC is telling me my Nvidia control panel is missing after updating my graphics drivers.

HeyItsAlec
Honored Guest
Can users create their own Oculus Home Environments?  Using a game engine or some other tool?

kevinwarhaft
Adventurer
i got the 12 update on my oculus go 
kevin warhaft