cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go / Gear VR Build 8.0 Release Notes

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Features and updates listed here apply to Quest, Go and Gear VR unless otherwise noted. All content highlighted below will begin roll-out during the week of August 19, 2019.

VR settings
  • We’ve added an option in the settings panel for night mode. This option changes your headset display to warmer colors, which may be easier on your eyes.
Guardian
  • You can now clear all existing Guardian maps from your Guardian settings menu.
    • To do this, select Guardian from your settings panel, scroll to the bottom of the Guardian options and select Clear next to the Clear Boundary History option.
Sharing
  • You can now share your in-VR screenshots from your gallery to Facebook.
    • To do this, select Sharing > Share Photos,select the photo you want to share, choose your audience, add a caption and click Share to Facebook.
44 REPLIES 44

Spuzzum
Level 9
Is it just me or did 8.0 address audio issues, specifically the low volume it was set at? Suddenly my Quest is pretty darn loud using the speakers on the DAS headstrap. Not complaining, just curious.

VRBabe14
Level 5
What's the latest quest firmware please?
Oculus Quest Status: RECEIVED Tues, May 21 2019 12:01 PM GMT UPDATE: FAULTY, ISSUED REPLACEMENT Fri, July 26 2019 Oculus Rift & Touch Bundle Status: RECEIVED Thurs, Sept 07 2017 2:38 PM GMT Oculus Rift DK2

JohanTEA
Level 5

VRBabe14 said:

What's the latest quest firmware please?

mine is:
user-358570.9320.0

VRBabe14
Level 5
@JohanTEA Thank you for adding your version.
Oculus Quest Status: RECEIVED Tues, May 21 2019 12:01 PM GMT UPDATE: FAULTY, ISSUED REPLACEMENT Fri, July 26 2019 Oculus Rift & Touch Bundle Status: RECEIVED Thurs, Sept 07 2017 2:38 PM GMT Oculus Rift DK2

PhenixS1970
Level 4
I have a Quest since last weekend...and not very happy.  I play a lot of beat saber and the stutters drive me ....  I had installed beaton with custom songs and it turned out to be a disaster.  Factory reset and clean install beat saberwith no mods....same result.  I also have a google wifi mesh network so I get a lot of disconnect/connect warnings.  Back to main rig upstairs with CV1 till they fix this.