cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go / Gear VR Build 8.0 Release Notes

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Features and updates listed here apply to Quest, Go and Gear VR unless otherwise noted. All content highlighted below will begin roll-out during the week of August 19, 2019.

VR settings
  • We’ve added an option in the settings panel for night mode. This option changes your headset display to warmer colors, which may be easier on your eyes.
Guardian
  • You can now clear all existing Guardian maps from your Guardian settings menu.
    • To do this, select Guardian from your settings panel, scroll to the bottom of the Guardian options and select Clear next to the Clear Boundary History option.
Sharing
  • You can now share your in-VR screenshots from your gallery to Facebook.
    • To do this, select Sharing > Share Photos,select the photo you want to share, choose your audience, add a caption and click Share to Facebook.
44 REPLIES 44

TomCgcmfc
Level 16

freemoto said:

My Quest was just updated to version 8 but I honestly couldn't find where 'night mode' option is? I already looked everywhere under settings.

My Go just updated to 8.0. Night Mode is located at Settings/All/Device.
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Quest 2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro.

Spuzzum
Level 9

TomCgcmfc said:

freemoto said:

My Quest was just updated to version 8 but I honestly couldn't find where 'night mode' option is? I already looked everywhere under settings.

My Go just updated to 8.0. Night Mode is located at Settings/All/Device.

Unfortunately the 'night mode' isn't the mode where you can watch videos in the dark, using 3DoF like the Go. The night mode feature in the settings menu, is for colour...makes colours warmer for night time viewing.

TomCgcmfc
Level 16
Ya, that’s what Night Mode does.  Same as win10.  Sorry I’m not sure what point you are trying to make?  Maybe I’m missing something?
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Quest 2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro.

Spuzzum
Level 9

TomCgcmfc said:

Ya, that’s what Night Mode does.  Same as win10.  Sorry I’m not sure what point you are trying to make?  Maybe I’m missing something?

The original question was, "Is there any estimation when the 3dof night mode will be released?" Your reply about the night mode now available in the Quest is for changing the colour, not for watching videos in the dark like the Go. Right now, when trying to watch in the dark, the headset can't track. But with 3DoF, it doesn't need to.

Polemarxos
Level 2
how to update firmware?my still at 7.1.

ClonerStive
Level 2
After updating my wfi also keeps going out. also i set up night mode, but now the settingfor changing the schedule and turning night mode itself off is just GONE. Did they roll it back? info would be good please

ezop73
Level 7

how to update firmware?my still at 7.1.

turn on the quest, plug in the charger and leave it on a flat surface overnight

Spuzzum
Level 9
I updated a few apps in my library, then as soon as I rebooted, it displayed the downloading/updating image indicating the Quest itself was updating. That was yesterday.

ezop73
Level 7

Spuzzum said:

I updated a few apps in my library, then as soon as I rebooted, it displayed the downloading/updating image indicating the Quest itself was updating. That was yesterday.

so what version number are you on, now

Spuzzum
Level 9