cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go / Gear VR Build 8.0 Release Notes

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Features and updates listed here apply to Quest, Go and Gear VR unless otherwise noted. All content highlighted below will begin roll-out during the week of August 19, 2019.

VR settings
  • We’ve added an option in the settings panel for night mode. This option changes your headset display to warmer colors, which may be easier on your eyes.
Guardian
  • You can now clear all existing Guardian maps from your Guardian settings menu.
    • To do this, select Guardian from your settings panel, scroll to the bottom of the Guardian options and select Clear next to the Clear Boundary History option.
Sharing
  • You can now share your in-VR screenshots from your gallery to Facebook.
    • To do this, select Sharing > Share Photos,select the photo you want to share, choose your audience, add a caption and click Share to Facebook.
44 REPLIES 44

SteveG7RTA
Level 7

Spuzzum said:

I updated a few apps in my library, then as soon as I rebooted, it displayed the downloading/updating image indicating the Quest itself was updating. That was yesterday.

Genius!  
Ive had my Quest plugged in & on standby several times over the last few days, waiting for it to update to 8.0 but without success.
I have now made sure all the installed apps are up to date & tried again...
yep.. it worked! My Quest has updated to 8.0 ?

donnyjoe
Level 4

freemoto said:

My Quest was just updated to version 8 but I honestly couldn't find where 'night mode' option is? I already looked everywhere under settings.

I don't see it either.

MyOculusGo57
Level 2
very strange , i'm on firmware 7.00 version.

I saw the option for night light , activated it , tested it , and now that i want to deactivate this option,

impossible to find again , in the different options... option disappeared but the Night mode is still there...

This was not just into firmware 8.0 version ?

freemoto
Level 3
The night mode finally showed up a few days after my Quest was updated to version 8!

JohanTEA
Level 5
I had a bunch of wifi problems with v.8.0 so I did a factory reset and my wifi issues seem to have disappeared.
Sadly all my game saves are gone 😕

bneiderman
Level 3

My Quest updated to 8.0 yesterday. After the update my wifi-connection crashes every few minutes. I must turn wifi off and on again on the quest to reenable the connection. Until the new firmware I had absolutly no problems with the connection...

Today I also made a factory reset, but it doesnt help

Yup. I just came here looking for this as well. System 8.0 has ruined my WiFi. I am CONSTANTLY disconnecting from WiFi. Never had this issue before the update. I am losing my mind with this. There is obviously some bug here.

h.r.gargi
Level 7
These WiFi disconnects are strange. On my own router I don't have these disconnects. On the older one of my parents I got these constantly. But I can't figure out, what the real reason is. 
Other thing is that me and other people on my Facebook group are noticing slight stutterings in several apps since the latest firmware. I hope you can fix that soon. 
German Oculus Quest / Go / Link Facebook Group ... join us
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusquestgermany/

kevinwarhaft
Level 4
im still on 7.0 but got the updates on my oculus go 
kevin warhaft

Serpula
Level 4
Can we get some indication Oculus is working on the stuttering and instability in 8.0? It's really put me off using my Quest, I haven't been on for a couple of weeks. It was great when it came out, I was amazed by how it 'just worked'... now it's glitchy and unreliable.

ezop73
Level 7

Serpula said:

Can we get some indication Oculus is working on the stuttering and instability in 8.0? It's really put me off using my Quest, I haven't been on for a couple of weeks. It was great when it came out, I was amazed by how it 'just worked'... now it's glitchy and unreliable.

There's a new update coming next week, so hopefully that fix will be in it and the fix for throwing you back into the guardian screen just because the room lighting changed slightly.