cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Quest 2 Build 20.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Update 10/15/2020: We're beginning to roll out an update to Quest / Quest  v20 today. This release includes general security and stability updates and will become available throughout the week of 10/15/20. Both Oculus Quest and Oculus Quest 2 will resume the normal software release schedule in November. As always, if you run into any issues with this software release, please contact Oculus support! 

Update 9/17/2020:
We've started rolling out a small update for v20. This hotfix addresses two bugs. The first caused black screens or three dot screens on Quest for some users. Secondly, the conversion panel showing conversions from romanized characters to Japanese characters was not working. Both should be resolved with this update. As always, please let us know if you experience any new issues!

Parties

• When you’re in a party, you can now choose to mute anyone else in the party on a person-by-person basis. This means that you can mute anyone in the party in your own headset without muting them for the whole party.

Fixes

• Fixed a bug that caused audio to stop when a Touch controller was disconnected in some apps and experiences. 
84 REPLIES 84

CaryMGVR
Level 4
@MountainDog12
A volume balance control???
How about INCREASING the volume
so it doesn't sound like a whisper even at full blast, ffs???

MountainDog12
Level 4

CaryMGVR said:

@MountainDog12
A volume balance control???
How about INCREASING the volume
so it doesn't sound like a whisper even at full blast, ffs???

Making it worse, how about only in one ear? Since hearing is part of perceptual awareness, it makes things more challenging.

Targaryenfan15
Level 2
How often is the Oculus Quest restocked?

PhenixS1970
Level 4
Updated to the latest build. No more audio with Oculus Link, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

TomCgcmfc
Level 16

Try clicking on your win10 speaker icon on your taskbar and select Oculus Virtual Audio.
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Quest 2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro.

PhenixS1970
Level 4

TomCgcmfc said:

Try clicking on your win10 speaker icon on your taskbar and select Oculus Virtual Audio.

Thanks.  It wasn't available.  I reinstalled the Oculus software on my pc and that did the trick.

Rolin_
Level 4
Any word on when the Oculus PC app and Oculus Link will let us record/stream VR audio from the Quest without the need for third party software when using the Link cable?

AnonMom
Level 3
The link cable speed test is broken on this update i think, its not working for me and a lot of other people.

skarusto
Level 2

AnonMom said:

The link cable speed test is broken on this update i think, its not working for me and a lot of other people.

Confirm, same issue

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Hey folks - Just a heads up that we've started rolling out a small update for v20. This hotfix addresses two bugs. The first caused black screens or three dot screens on Quest for some users. Secondly, the conversion panel showing conversions from romanized characters to Japanese characters was not working. Both should be resolved with this update. As always, please let us know if you experience any new issues!