cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest: Screen casting not working (Samsung Galaxy S9 / Nvidia Shield)

spyro
Expert Protege

Wasn't successful getting this to work. Headset is connected to the app, all green. TV, Smartphone and Quest are all connected to the same WiFi.

First, I tried to cast to my Nvidia Shield (nothing happened). According to the app there should be some sort of confirmation screen in the headset, which isn't the case.

Same when trying to cast to the phone itself (Samsung Galaxy S9, Android Pie).

So I tried it the other way around and started sharing from inside the headset. Same thing, nothing happens on the phone. Except one time, where I just got a black screen.

Did this work for anyone?

BTW: Would be great if you could alternatively stream directly to the phone (WiFi Direct). So you could share someone's experience if you are not at home. Currently, it's not possible to assist someone without being connected to an external WiFi.

81 REPLIES 81

craig_barber_77
Honored Guest
Happens on my quest and Huawei P30. I am guessing that Facebook and Huawei are not going to sort this out. Especially after Trumps latest block on Huewai phones. 

tiyanak
Honored Guest
not working on ipad pro and huawei p20 pro

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer

Happens on my quest and Huawei P30. I am guessing that Facebook and Huawei are not going to sort this out. Especially after Trumps latest block on Huewai phones. 

Probably! :smile:
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

gary_poole_10
Honored Guest
Anybody got casting to work on a razer phone 5.0ghz connection

Sundr
Honored Guest
Any update, or someone who found more info on this?
Im on a Huawei P20 Pro - casting starts and works for around 4 seconds then freezes.

First i were worried that my Quest were faulty, but after reading some of the posts it seams like it is not broken atleast :confused:

spyro
Expert Protege
It must definitely be some problem with Android. Tried it with an iPhone 7 in the same network and it worked (quality and framerate was not good, though).

EDIT: It's Blokada (Ad-Blocker VPN!). Casting works when deactivating it. Putting the Oculus App on the Whitelist had no effect! 

cybrmstr
Honored Guest
Been casting since day 2 (chromecast ultra didnt arrive till the day after I got my quest) not 1 problem to the phone or my TV.

djspod
Honored Guest
Hi All,

I have managed to cast to S9+ and android tablet without issues.
The Chromecast would not connect initially but I then managed it successfully.
For 2 days now I am now unable to connect again to the Chromecast, no option to connect, only phone  😕

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dave said:

I too was unable to cast to my Shield.  I had no trouble seeing the "Do you want to allow casting?" request in the headset, but after selecting "Allow", nothing happens and an error pops on the phone.  I opened a ticket.

I haven't tried casting to my phone.

I can cast to the Shield without problems. Tried it with the You Tube VR App on the Quest.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cant get it to work on my new chromecast ultra or my galaxy Note 8