cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest and Asgard Wrath

gman713
Protege
I'm thinking about buying this game for my Quest with Link using an early 2019 Blade Stealth connected to my 2070 RTX eGPU.  Does anyone else run this similar setup with their Quest and how does it play?  As long as it's smooth, I'm good.
8 REPLIES 8

enigma01
Trustee
Are you aware of the Oculus refund policy? Why not download and try it, if it doesn’t perform as expected request a refund. https://www.oculus.com/legal/quest-rift-content-refund-policy/?locale=en_GB 

I don’t use an eGPU but have a gaming laptop with an RTX 2080 Max Q (it performs more like a desktop RTX 2060) and Asgard’s runs great for me. 

gman713
Protege
Thanks, that's a good suggestion.  I'm definitely going to get this and hopefully the Saints and Sinners game when it comes out for the Quest.

loui100
Protege
Saints and Sinners works flawlessly on my 16-inch Macbook (Bootcamp) + RTX 2080 Super eGPU with Link. Asgard's Wrath, though, while it generally hits the 72 FPS on High to Ultra, suffers from lots of micro-stuttering and loading despite being on an SSD drive. It's still fairly playable, just somewhat annoying

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
Asgard's Wrath is completely unplayable with the Quest for me on my laptop (i7-9750H + internal RTX 2070 + 16GB RAM) but works just fine with my Rift S. Problem is the Quest gets locked at 30-36 FPS instead of 72 and has tons of distortions. Seems to be a simple latency issue. I'm using one of the generic recommended USB cables though, not the official one. Some games work fine, just not that one. I've only played Saints and Sinners on the Rift S (works fine, max detail), so can't comment on that one with the Quest. Beat Saber seems ok with Link as does Robo Recall, but the image quality isn't the best due to compression.

gregor616
Adventurer
I played through this game using link and it ran great on my setup. Walking Dead Saints and Sinners also runs great for me. My setup is in my signature. 
Oculus Quest 
AMD Ryzen 7 2700, GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 32GB, Asus B450 Motherboard

loui100
Protege

Asgard's Wrath is completely unplayable with the Quest for me on my laptop (i7-9750H + internal RTX 2070 + 16GB RAM) but works just fine with my Rift S. Problem is the Quest gets locked at 30-36 FPS instead of 72 and has tons of distortions. Seems to be a simple latency issue. I'm using one of the generic recommended USB cables though, not the official one. Some games work fine, just not that one. I've only played Saints and Sinners on the Rift S (works fine, max detail), so can't comment on that one with the Quest. Beat Saber seems ok with Link as does Robo Recall, but the image quality isn't the best due to compression.

Oh I turned off ASW long ago in the Oculus Tray Tool. It's completely broken on the Oculus Link it seems. There should also be an option to reduce the sensitivity of ASW since games play _perfectly_ fine at 65 FPS so cutting down to 36 FPS at the slightest drop is super punishing and just makes no sense at all

gman713
Protege
So you guys think if I purchased a 2080 Super desktop with a Core i9 8 core processor won't handle this game smoothly using the Quest?  Is the Quest the problem with games running smoothly?

Deadaus
Expert Protege
Asguard's Wrath works good for me using the settings below:

Oculus Debug Tool (ODT)
Distortion Curvature "Low", Encode Resolution Width "2784", Pixels Per Display Pixel Override "1.2"

I have the official link cable, latest firmware, RTX-2070 OC, i7-8700K@5GHz, 32GBRAM, 1TB m.2 NVME.
The only time it might get choppy if I get a notification about getting rewards displayed in game from Oculus home.