cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest and Link Problem

pix0c3r0
Honored Guest
hey guys,

i connected my Quest on my PC so that i have Quest Link.  then i bought beat saber but i can't find it on the quest when i'm going outside to play. How so?

Sorry for my english.
9 REPLIES 9

killswitch85
Expert Protege
does the oculus app say that you have purchased it? if yes then should just be in the quest library? It maybe downloading so go through each of the options to see if you can see it.

pix0c3r0
Honored Guest
no in quest store should i buy it 

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
If you bought it from the oculus store, via link, you can only play it when you are connected to the computer via link.

For mobile play, you will need to buy it from the quest store (not connected via link).

Beat Saber is not a cross-buy game, so you will need to buy it twice.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

pix0c3r0 said:

no in quest store should i buy it 

Beat Saber is not cross-buy so if you want to play it with Quest Mobile stand-alone you need the Quest store version.  If you want to use Link and play it you will need to buy the Rift version.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

pix0c3r0
Honored Guest
Ok thx now in know it. Is there any game that has crossplay?

killswitch85
Expert Protege

Umpa_PC said:

If you bought it from the oculus store, via link, you can only play it when you are connected to the computer via link.

For mobile play, you will need to buy it from the quest store (not connected via link).

I'm a quest newbie. I thought cross play was paying for it once but being able to play on either a rift or a quest?. If they bought it for the quest i didn't think it mattered if he was using the link cable or not - should be able to play it either way no? Although i guess if he has bought if the quest you wouldn't be using the link cable anyway. (think i just answered my own question)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Umpa_PC said:

I'm a quest newbie. I thought cross play was paying for it once but being able to play on either a rift or a quest?. If they bought it for the quest i didn't think it mattered if he was using the link cable or not - should be able to play it either way no? Although i guess if he has bought if the quest you wouldn't be using the link cable anyway. (think i just answered my own question)

No. Quest with Link is using the PC, and playing the PC version of the game.
Beat Saber does not support cross play.
For PC you buy a version, for Quest you buy a version.

killswitch85
Expert Protege

dburne said:

Umpa_PC said:

No. Quest with Link is using the PC, and playing the PC version of the game.
Beat Saber does not support cross play.
For PC you buy a version, for Quest you buy a version.

So there are 3 different ways of buying, on the quest, on the pc (oculus) or pc (steamvr)?

FelicityC
Adventurer
Some games have crossbuy. If it does, it will say it supports Rift S and Quest on the store page. If it's like Beat Saber and doesn't, it will only say it supports the Rift/Rift S. Gun Club VR and the Vader games are examples of crossbuy titles and will show both 'supported' on the store page. 

Consider the stores separate with a few exceptions. Always check.

Steam is a separate ecosystem entirely and unrelated to either Oculus store, but games on Steam will carry over to any other HMD you get and Steam tends to have better sales as well so it's generally better to buy on Steam unless it's crossbuy, inwhich case Quest + Oculus store might be better.

Yes it's confusing.
8700k @ whatever i feel like, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 32gb memory @ CL16, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, pvc pipe gun