cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest build v30 Release Notes - Air Link for Quest and more

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of June 15, 2021.

Manage Microphone

• In v30, you’ll be able to swap your microphone between Party and game chat.
  • To switch your mic, go to your Party from the universal menu and select Manage Voice.

Multitasking

• You can now multitask with multiple system-level 2D apps side-by-side in Oculus Home on Quest 2 and Quest, including Explore, Store, Browser, Events, Oculus TV, Oculus Move, Scoreboards, and more
  • To opt in to this experimental feature, go to the Experimental Features section of Settings and turn on Multitasking.

Color Correction

• We’re releasing an accessibility feature that lets you adjust how colors are displayed on your device.
  • To begin using Color Filters, go to Settings, select Accessibility, and turn on Color Correction. You can set filters and adjust filter intensity to customize how colors are shown.

Raise View

• You can now raise and adjust your view, giving you a standing vantage point while physically seated.
  • To opt in to this experimental feature, go to the Experimental Features section of Settings, and turn on Boost your height.

Oculus Air Link for Quest

• In v28, we announced Oculus Air Link for Quest 2. In v30, we’re now releasing Air Link for the original Quest.
  • You can opt in to this experimental feature from the Experimental Features section of Settings. Follow the instructions on our support site to set up Oculus Air Link.
  • Note: Air Link is part of v30 and it requires both your headset and PC be running v30 software.

Search

• We’ve made improvements to the search tool and how results are shown.

Casting

• Performance and connection stability improvements.
Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
63 REPLIES 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL .. If you do not want help then no problem.

Im not defending Oculus im trying to work out why your getting a conflict when literally thousands of other are not.

If i have a problem but it works for most others i do not fly off the handle or immediately blame Oculus.. I try calmly to work out why its not working on mine. I did do a bit of checking on reddit and found the 3080 stopped working back in April 2021 for many ( That's why knowing your specs mattered )  and they reverted back to the 461 . 92 driver. could be worth checking but fair enough i wont bother you trying to help again.

Promise 🙂

@AlexiTQ  Since you have a very well spec'd PC and do not have any problems with Air Link or Virtual Desktop it seems to me that your problem stems from your motherboard's usb ports.  If you google your MB; Gigabyte Aorus G7 motherboard ; you will a number of issues relating to this.  It seems that many have found the usb ports do not supply enough power to certain devices so that they cut off after a few minutes gameplay.  It looks like the solution for some is to contact Aorus support and RMA the MB back to them.  Updating the bios seemed help some.  Others have used a powered usb hub or separate pcie usb sata powered card.  The Q2 w/Link cable does require good power delivery because it is transferring a lot of data while supplying a charge to the battery headset.  

Anyway, maybe something else you should investigate.  You may get better results with a dedicated PCVR headsets like the Rift S or Valve Index.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Lailoken
Explorer

This update appears to have deleted all my apps and made it impossible to download them again. I'm told it will be 1-2 days until it's resolved.

Oculus can't go mainstream with issues like this. It seriously undermines trust. Can you imagine if your phone just suddenly stopped working for a few days because of an automatic update?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nearly the same thing here... got the v30 round about one and a half week ago... but interestingly got the new menu/dash for Q1 and keeping the old one for Q2. Today I'm getting in touch with the Q2 and... tadaa... it also got the new menu. But now it's impossible to download apps. Already installed apps are working fine, but apps which weren't, couldn't be installed.

What's up with you, Oculus?

@Anonymous Since v30 on my Q2 and PC desktop app I do not have any problems reinstalling any of my Quest store or Rift store games or installing new ones.  So, not sure what is causing this for you?  Could be a Q2 setting, wifi issue, or anti-virus thing, who knows.  Probably best to contact Oculus support and see if they have any suggestions.  Good luck mate.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TomCgcmfc Thank's for your supply... but this was obviously an oculus issue. This morning everything works fine again 😉 Maybe the store wasn't fully available or such... v30 App + v30 Q1/2 + newMenu on both... everthing works as it shoud (incl. wired Link w/original Oculus Link Cable).

Calimero_Oeuf
Expert Protege

The guardian does not save anymore, I have to redo it each time the Quest 2 is restarted !
During the creation of the Gardian, systematic crash of com.facebook.spatial_pe ...

com.facebook.spatial_pe.jpg

The air link crashes 2-3 times in a row before working.
The wifi cuts off and comes back several times when I put the air link on.

In air link mode, some PC games (Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2), the camera tracking no longer seems to work correctly, the image shakes terribly.
I have the same problem with Oculus PC v30 and CV1 headset on Assetto Corsa only.

I would like to point out that I had no problem with firmware v29 with a very good speed in wifi 6.

ObiEdge
Explorer

Was there a small patch or hotfix that was pushed out yesterday or the day before? Cable Link and Air Link no longer works for my Quest 2. It would try to connect for 5 seconds then dump me back into Quest home.

@ObiEdge  All still okay with both my Q1 and Q2.

kevinwarhaft
Adventurer

when is the next update?

kevin warhaft