cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest link pixels

m1lkshak3
Honored Guest

Hi, i just got my second quest 2 because the first one was broken. My problem is now whenever i use the original cable i can count all the pixels in the screen. When im using it as stand alone or with airlink the screen is so much sharper anyone that can help me with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, i managed to fix the issue myself. I had to go to the Oculus folder > Support > oculus-diagnostics and i used to OculusDebugTool. There was a setting called "Encode Bitrate (Mbps)" and changed it from 0 to 500. Issue has been solved now but thanks anyway. It's weird because with my first headset that i had to send back it was working perfectly fine and i didn't change anything in the tool.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @m1lkshak3! We will gladly look into this and get to the bottom of what may be causing you to see the pixels on your device when connected with the original link cable.

So that we can get the ball rolling, we would like to ask you a few questions first to get a better understanding. Please answer the following:

• Are there any kinks, bends, or rips on your link cable?
  • Is your cable plugged in nice and snug?
  • Are the cable ports and cable ends clean and free of any debris? 

You can also check out the steps on this link to see if it helps your issue: Use Oculus Link with Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest.

We hope these steps help. If by any chance they didn't, reply back to us here and we'll gladly look further into this for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi, i managed to fix the issue myself. I had to go to the Oculus folder > Support > oculus-diagnostics and i used to OculusDebugTool. There was a setting called "Encode Bitrate (Mbps)" and changed it from 0 to 500. Issue has been solved now but thanks anyway. It's weird because with my first headset that i had to send back it was working perfectly fine and i didn't change anything in the tool.

That's great news! We're happy you were able to solve this issue! We also appreciate you replying back and providing the steps that helped. Now any future users that may run into this same issue can find this solution! You have a great one.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!