cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest questions...

Anonymous
Not applicable
My son got a quest for Christmas...  and I have a few questions....  I have a Rift S and while I dont know much about the quest, I was hoping someone could answer them here.  First.... in my rift S, when I go to home or my house, I can walk around and interact with things....  when he is home in his quest, he cant move around and do anything in his house?  Is this normal?  I cant seem to minimize the menu screen (the library or store, etc) where I can just move around the house.  Is this suppose to be this way on the quest?  In the Rift S I can minimize the screen, I dont have that option in the quest (so it seems).

Second, how do you do the pass threw on the quest, I cant seem to get it to work on the quest.  I got it to work once, but now it doesnt seem to let me again unless I am pushing the wrong buttons but when I am in my home screen, I cant do the pass through...  how do you do it while in the home screen.... or in game for that matter.  

With the quest, is there a way to download the games on your PC or mobile app first and them have them show up in your library?  So far I can only see how to downlaod them threw the quest store while wearing the headset and it is taking FOREVER to download a game... my wifi is not slow and I am hoping it is just due to christmas influx on the server because this is beyond terrible... he is taking hours just to try and get part 1 of vador immortal.....  Wish I could log into his account on the PC and just download it to his account and then it upload to his quest... but cant seem to see if that is possible......
5 REPLIES 5

Kentobi
Heroic Explorer
1: The Quest home is not very interactive. It’s really just a place for the menu screen. 

2: Passthrough on demand is not yet available on the Quest, but is expected in a software update soon. Right now, you only see passthrough on the initial guardian setup. 

3: you can buy games from the Oculus store/app/website, but you can’t download them on a PC and transfer them over. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you...

in point 1... when you say not very interactive...  what do you mean?  In the Rift S you can move all around (walk around) the room... from what I see in the quest, you can only look around and cant move....  and in the Rift S I can get rid of the menus (minimize them so they are not on the screen)  I dont see it being possible to do this on the quest...  just want to know if these are true... cant remove the menu and cant move around and interact with anything in the room (look only from stationary spot?)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ordered the Quest 128 on December 7 with a promised shipping date by Christmas.  Now, I continue to get the run around by Oculus and it is Dec 26th.  My son is very upset.  What will you do to fix this situation?

Anonymous
Not applicable
you cannot make promises to customers that you cannot keep, especially when these are gifts for Christmas.  Now what do I do = more precisely, what will you do to make up for this epic failure?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey lxbliz, I've removed the screenshot showing your full order details. In the future, please don't share this publicly as it has a lot of personal information. - Principe
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!