sander_schubert
Honored Guest
no matter how high or low i set the settings in the oculus debug tool i
cant see any difference on my quest. only the stat tracker apears. could
it be because my cable is shit or what could this be about? i dont
think that im so blind, that i can not see any difference between 1.0
pixel override and 2016 resolution width (or even below i tried 512 but
im not sure how low this can go) and 1.4 pixel override + 2912
resolution width. i first started the app then the debugger then i tried it and after i tried i restarted the app and tried again. with and without having public test channel and / or developers mode active. i also have a developers profile if this matters. i would be glad if anyone could give me advice this is really pissing me off. i want better
graphics for videos qq.

5 REPLIES 5

alenknight
Explorer
i'm having similar issues, but in my case performance tracker doesn't start either. .... 
i found that event logs on windows are catching an error consistently when i try to restart oculus software -- see below.
everything "works" in the link... but the debug options are completely ignored.
i have tried on 2 systems-- one with an rtx2080 and one with a gtx1660

errors - 
The description for Event ID 0 from source OVRServiceLauncher cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

[LauncherService] Unable to open regkey: 'SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc\Parameters'. LastErr = 2(0x2 (2): The system cannot find the file specified.)

Skito99
Honored Guest
So any solution so far....i also dont see any diffirence. Like the first guy the tracker appears but thats it. No diffirence at pixel rating or resolution.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't have that 'SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc\Parameters' in my registry so I'm not surprised it can't find it, I just don't know why it would be looking for it? Since it is the OVRService launcher. Start task manager and go under the details tab. Scroll down to OVR.. and see if it's there and running. If not then you'll need to reinstall Oculus app making sure that all anti-virus and firewalls are turned off.  If it is, right click it and set the priority to high or realtime. Do the same for OVRserver  and OVRRedirz0llf3fimidl.jpg

may or may not help but it won't hurt and if for any reason it causes an issue (which it won't) you can just reverse the process. Good Luck

kojack
MVP
MVP

ufcfan said:

If it is, right click it and set the priority to high or realtime. Do the same for OVRserver  and OVRRedir
may or may not help but it won't hurt and if for any reason it causes an issue (which it won't) you can just reverse the process. Good Luck

Extremely not recommended.
As Microsoft themselves say:
Use HIGH_PRIORITY_CLASS with care. If a thread runs at the highest
priority level for extended periods, other threads in the system will
not get processor time.
You should almost never use REALTIME_PRIORITY_CLASS, because this
interrupts system threads that manage mouse input, keyboard input, and
background disk flushing.
If something is high or real time priority, it can steal the CPU from almost everything else in the system. Realtime is only intended for small processes that have little CPU use and need to be able to preempt any other part of the system.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
I find using high for quest link gives me better performance, I never use realtime for all the reasons you posted.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.