cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest stuck without menu options

I just updated my old quest; it's an original, not quest 2 and it had been sitting in a cabinet unused for a while so I clicked into system & update its software... I now am stuck without a menu bar & unable to do anything but look around at the dome home screen.

Restarting did not resolve the issue. 

Can anyone help me out here? 

2 REPLIES 2

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, @MeridianTreehouse1! We see your Quest is having an issue with showing the menu bar after being updated. We appreciate you troubleshooting on your own so far by restarting your device. We have a couple more suggestions to offer to try and get your menu bar back.

Since a simple restart didn't work, we'd like for you to try a hard reboot. Simply hold the power button for at least 10 seconds and then let the device sit for 30 seconds before turning it back on. If a hard reboot doesn't work you can also try the following steps:

1. Sign out of the mobile app
  2. Turn off your headset and phone for about 5 minutes
  3. Sign back into the mobile app
  4. Make sure your headset is paired again
  5. Check for the menu bar

If none of these suggestions work for you, just let us know. We'll troubleshoot until we can get you back in the game!

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Did these steps work for you? If you still need our help, please let us know. Thanks!