cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest won't stay turned off

RHunterr
Expert Protege
So I'm having intermittent charging issues like alot of other people.  Mine seems to charge better when it is turned off... however there's a switch in the Settings to "Turn on when detecting activity", so I switched that off. Then I just turn the headset off (via the "Power down" option on-screen) when I'm done and plug it in.

The problem is that the headset doesn't usually STAY turned off. I'll go look at it a bit later after turning it off and plugging it in and I"ll see that the front "on" indicator light is light up and the headset is on. (sometimes it's in passthrough mode, some times it's giving me a message about tracking, etc.)

So what do I have to do to get this thing to stay powered down when I power it down?
46 REPLIES 46

I am guessing that the activity senskr just below the IPD number guage is over sensitive.. I am going to put some Blu Tac over it and see if that fixes it.. Because heat issues aside.. It can't do the life of the Hand Controller Cells any good either.. 

shagratt
Explorer

Hi guys! after 2 years of normal use I started having this issue after a software update. This is very dangerous cause can destroy the battery and the screen!

One easy way to check if it turned on is to check in the OCULUS PC APP the DEVICES. It should detect it as "not connected". If it looks "conected" just hold down the power button on the quest for 10 seconds until power off and it will not power up again.

BluOnix
Honored Guest

Ok I know this is crazy I was having the same problem I did a factory rest problem still happened so I was messing a round with my head set I went into my setting went to experimental and reset that now my headset is staying off and charging its funny that the meta techs don't know this but if you're still having the issue try that 

BluOnix
Honored Guest

Hey guys I figured something out and this is crazy and shouldn't have anything to do with the problem but it is go to your setting on your headset go to experimental and reset it it fixed my problem my headset wouldn't stay shut off after I shut it down and wouldn't charge sense I did this it stays shut off and is charging something that isn't even related to the problem fixed it get your **bleep** together meta we spent to much money on these things for yall not to help out and just assume that people don't know how to power something off thanks for basically calling us idiots

SimCen02
Honored Guest

Thank you everyone for your posts. 

I am in a role where we have 12 Quest 2 headsets and 5 have this fault or at least a very similar fault(after being turned off activate themselves and show the meta symbol and then the battery levels; then turn off; then activate). It's annoying as it does drain the battery.

Nothing mentioned throughout this thread helped, not even resetting experimental features. I saw elsewhere people had success by changing charger. All of our sets have the Elite head strap with battery - I unplugged the extended battery and it fixed the issue on all 5 head sets. Seems it wasn't a sensor fault (it might be for other headsets) for us it was battery/cable issue.

I have the same setup and same problem with my quest since a few days. 

woodendoors7
Honored Guest

Yup, having the same issue with the Quest 3! It still isn't fixed! Auto turn on is turned off, I make sure not to move the headset or the controllers after turning off the headset, and it still turns on right away. Barely charges at all in that state.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?