cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTX 3050 TI LAPTOP

milimilimili
Level 2

Hello would it be possible to add an update to make the gpu 3050 TI for laptops, compatible with oculuslink?

Is there hope?

3 REPLIES 3

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! We understand that having the GPU 3050 TI available for the Meta device to play your games on would be fantastic. However, most laptops are not currently compatible with Meta devices because most of the games in the device require a very powerful GPU.

You are welcome to go here and see which PCs and laptops are compatible with the device. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, and we will be happy to help.  

Draidus
Level 2

That's not a very good reason. I can play most games that I want to play in VR with Virtual Desktop. Let us decide if we want to risk performance issue and place a soft warning.

To answer OP's question, sure, it's always possible to update software to be compatible with more devices. Will it happen? Who knows.

Also, allowing users to run software on devices that "risk performance issues" is a double edged sword. On one hand, sure it works, but then users complain that it doesn't work well enough. The flip side is they don't support it, then users complain that it's not supported at all. Just seems better to wait until it's fully supported instead of playing it poorly on hardware that's not recommended. 

Just my 2 cents.