cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTX 3080 Alienware Laptop Does not meet min specs for Link cable?

MooduVoodu
Honored Guest

Why am i getting the 'doesn't meet the min specs' message on a brand new Alienware laptop with Nvidia RTX 3080 , i9 , 32MGB RAM MACHINE???? I am trying to us the Link cable from Oculus with myu Quest 2 and it shows that message and has horrible performance inside the VR.  I have included my port diagram  and have forced to use RTX3080 card where ever i can find that setting. I have tried every usb c port i could try.  Any suggestions. 20181027151600_001.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

ChasePoundHer
Honored Guest

Edit: I fixed my issue, look for my other reply for the solution.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I just got a beast X17 with RTX 3080 and i9 and it runs my Quest 2 via Link at about 2 fps for even super-efficient non-intensive games lol!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @MooduVoodu we see you were having an issue connecting your Quest 2 to your laptop. While the majority of your specs do meet the minimum requirements, it looks like your RAM could be the cause of this issue.

The minimum requirements for Oculus link to work properly is 8 GB+ of RAM. You can find all the minimum requirements on our public support site. We hope this helped shed some light on the situation for you and others. 😊

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

ChasePoundHer
Honored Guest

Since Oculus support sucks, I'll try and help you out lol! I love how the Oculus Support thought you actually meant 32MB... I mean you obviously meant 32GB! LOL! I had the same message/issue on my new X17 that is close to your same specks, only I have an i7 instead of your i9. I could launch VR stuff but was only getting like 2 FPS. If you turn internet off before you launch any VR it seems to fix the issue. The real bug can be found here.

Virtual Reality (VR) Games May Fail to Run on Multiple Computers With Intel 11th Generation CPU | De...

Hopefully this help you or someone else who reads this, because I have been messing around for a while now trying to figure this shiz out haha!

Note: Oculus App still thinks my computer is under Speck with the message... but I can play any Desktop VR game with zero lag or issues, and Steam VR Performance test has me in the top tier range for VR performance... so I think Oculus App just has some bad code issues or something.

MooduVoodu
Honored Guest

Update.. I did get this to run. I had to turn off the Wireless Air link that was turned on and use the Steam VR app only. Oculus would always still yell at me that I didn't have the specs. 

Update.. I did get this to run. I had to turn off the Wireless Air link that was turned on and use the Steam VR app only. Oculus would always still yell at me that I didn't have the specs.