cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTX2050 Graphics card is not compatible

coolpine
Level 2

Hello guys, my newly purchased notebook is i5-12500h, and the graphics card is NVIDIA RTX 2050. After installing the Oculus client, it prompts that the graphics card is incompatible after startup. I checked that the RTX 20 series are all within the supported range, and I don't know why and  how can i  deal with it, thank you.

coolpine_0-1652441218408.png

3 REPLIES 3

PITTCANNA
Level 13

@coolpine wrote:

Hello guys, my newly purchased notebook is i5-12500h, and the graphics card is NVIDIA RTX 2050. After installing the Oculus client, it prompts that the graphics card is incompatible after startup. I checked that the RTX 20 series are all within the supported range, and I don't know why and  how can i  deal with it, thank you.

coolpine_0-1652441218408.png

This is nvidia's fault, the 2050 came out well into the 3000 series launch as a way to combat gpu shortages.  This card will not be supported because it doesn't have rendering power especially for the laptop variant which you have.

It will not be supported there is no dark magic that will be able to get that card to run link.  Any nvidia card 950, 1050, 2050, 3050 are good for for generic gaming at 1080p possibly 1440p(60 to 90 hz).  But once you start resolutions for vr it falls about.

My advice to you is take that notebook back and get something with a 2070 or 3070.

If you decide not to that, you will need to get virtual desktop and only play steam vr games, but this is not always guaranteed to work and it won't be a great experience.

coolpine
Level 2

got it,thank you

I literally am having the same exact problem.  I contacted the tech support on the phone and they have no clue why it’s not working.  Waiting for them to call me back.