cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random freezing on link

kenf1071
Adventurer
Hi,got my cable tonight but ran into a few problems,first one can’t get sound to come out the quest speakers only ? can hear in speakers but also comes out of my monitor speakers which is annoying my wife ! second fault I’ve had is random freeze ups ? got to pull the connection from the the quest to reset it,can go 20 or 30 mins then freezes up in oculus home & steam home,I’ve tried 2 usb 3 ports at the back of my pc but it’s done this on both,anyone had these problems ?
9 REPLIES 9

Grafx77
Explorer
I'm experiencing the same thing!

mschneider_hh
Honored Guest
Have since the update to 11 every 20 minutes a freeze with automatic reboot of the quest. This happens so far when watching videos with different players (Samsung and skybox). So far this has happened when the glasses are running without a link and also with the new link. I could not test games so far.

vargablood
Expert Protege
My only problem is that i cant use the integrated Microphone.
Sound is working.
Visuals are working.

can play hours without a freeze or anything else. 
I use a USB-c to USB-c cable and connected the quest using the virtualLink port of my geforce RTX.

kenf1071
Adventurer
Could possibly be the USB ports ? Will try my Comp I have upstairs tonight as I have a USB card installed with 5 USB 3 ports which I bought when I had the cv1,will report back with results 

vargablood
Expert Protege
everything is possible 🙂 there are so many usb io chips and firmware versions .... who will know.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Also try USB 2.0. Sometimes even when it says requires 3.0 I think 2.0 still works better for some people.

it's worth a shot. 
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

kenf1071
Adventurer
ok folks done some testing and it looks like its my usb ports im using on my main comp,tried my pc upstairs which is still good enough for VR and its working flawlessly ! i do have the Inateck KT5001 5 Ports USB 3.0 PCI Express Card in that machine and ive had no faults so far and ran stuff for over an hour with no freezes,cant use my usb extension leads i got for my cv1 when i added a 3rd camera they wont work with link,stiil hear the sound though through my headset and also coming through the pc monitor,apart from that link is working well at the moment and will eventually buy the longer lead when they become available,hope you other guys get it going but thats been my problem and my pc downstairs is only a year old so i would probably have to move this pci card or just buy another 

Sodley
Explorer

Also try USB 2.0. Sometimes even when it says requires 3.0 I think 2.0 still works better for some people.

it's worth a shot. 

You can't use USB 2.0 for Oculus Link. Only USB 3.0 works!

GilDev
Explorer
Have the same problem with my motherboard (Z370M-ITX/ac) and graphics card (RX 5700 XT), works for 15-30 minutes then freezes up and I have to unplug then plug the cable again to continue from where it stopped.
I'm using a 5m cable given as “Oculus Link compatible”.